• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killington 12/1-2/07

skiadikt

Date(s) Skied: Saturday, 12/1/07 & 12/2/07
Resort or Ski Area: killington
Conditions: fresh man made, LSGR & FSGR.

weekend #3 at k probably the best weekend so far. saturday partly/mostly sunny but brutally cold. we were getting a windy 8 degrees in the canyon during the afternoon.

trail expansion continuing at a rapid pace. new since the previous weekend were mid/lower downdraft, upper bittersweet & on sunday they opened lower double dipper. once again the trick was to follow the snowmaking.

saturday runs of the day were downdraft & lower superstar which were in the guns. wound up doing over half our runs on those. nice bump lines on mid downdraft though one major ice whale a bit more than halfway down. they were blowing talcum powder on lower and it was developing nicely spaced bumps. lower supe also gettting the nice dry snowmaking treatment. the headwall unfortuneately was a windblown skating rink. upper bitter good. most of the groomed runs we skied like cascade, highline & east fall were good early, sucked late.

relatively speaking sunday was balmy. maybe 20 degrees, no wind but did cloud up in the afternoon. after a quick warmup on east fall, time to hit the newly opened double dipper. heavy gunnage was going. the top was beautiful dry snow, from the steep part down very wet & sticky. right next to the lift, behind the guns had consistently the best snow. skiers left was also excellent until you hit the wet guns on the lower part. racked up a couple laps until it seemed everyone on the mtn was on it. moved over & did laps on downdraft. guns off. lower had developed big powder bumps. after lunch, spent most of our time lapping superstar. lower was in the guns and had formed some great lines right on the treeline. our day consisted of finding a couple great runs & sticking with them.

once again the place was empty. gotta love their commitment to snowmaking so far. and their trail rollout has been fantastic. 1st weekend in december and all snowmaking trails in canyon and off superstar (xcept ovation) are open. highline too. unbelievable.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
you're a tough act to follow but i'll try my best. not to hijack my own thread but how's v?

:-D Doing much better thanks, but really disappointed that she can't ski. Now back on track, good report, do me a favor and keep us updated since I don't see us making Killington any sooner than March, if at all this season :(