• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

Newpylong

The only changes happening to the K-1 area will be a possible top terminal for a future transfer lift from the Village which as others mention will be at RH/Snowshed.

SkiingInABlueDream

Based on nothing more than hunch, an Alterra acquisition of Killington would not at all surprise me.

It just occurs to me, I've been skiing Killington (and Pico) sporadically for ~40 years now, and as far as I can recall I have not once ever entered the Ramshead lodge.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฎ (I probably never went into the old Sunrise lodge either but well, that ship is long since sailed๐Ÿ˜•)

urungus

If Alterra acquired POWDR or even just Killington, I would imagine they would make it unlimited on the full IKON pass ? Would be great not to have to manage my days so carefully over their long season. Likely to increase crowding though at start and end of season when they are the only game in town.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If Alterra acquired POWDR or even just Killington, I would imagine they would make it unlimited on the full IKON pass ? Would be great not to have to manage my days so carefully over their long season. Likely to increase crowding though at start and end of season when they are the only game in town.
Again, complete speculation at this point...but the tool to manage crowds would be reservations and parking reservations.

skiur

Based on nothing more than hunch, an Alterra acquisition of Killington would not at all surprise me.

It just occurs to me, I've been skiing Killington (and Pico) sporadically for ~40 years now, and as far as I can recall I have not once ever entered the Ramshead lodge.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฎ (I probably never went into the old Sunrise lodge either but well, that ship is long since sailed๐Ÿ˜•)

No bar in the ramshead lodge so no reason to go in there.

Zand

I think I've only been in Rams Head Lodge once but it's kind of a funny story...

Back when I was still in high school I parked at Rams and had an awesome day, but when I got back to my car I realized my keys were missing AND my phone was dead. I panicked and then went into the lodge to call my mom to call a locksmith and give them a credit card number since I didn't have one. She was VERY pissed at me!

As I walked back outside, I vaguely heard a jingling noise coming from my leg and I realized that my keys had cut a hole in the pocket of my ski pants and slid down below my knee, luckily somehow not sliding out the bottom of my pant leg during the course of the day. I rushed back in to call mom back and tell her nevermind on the locksmith hahaha.

About 6 months later I WOULD lose my keys on a roller coaster 4 hours from home in New Jersey, however this time I had a debit card with me and luckily with enough in my account to make the locksmith happy.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Of Alterra-owned resorts, only Deer Valley currently requires reservations, correct ?
Solitude has parking reservations and fees. Crystal Mountain had a reservation system and parking restrictions. Looks like they are keeping the latter. Palisades has parking reservations and fees.

urungus

Solitude has parking reservations and fees. Crystal Mountain had a reservation system and parking restrictions. Looks like they are keeping the latter. Palisades has parking reservations and fees.
Thanks for the clarification โ€ฆ I was thinking about reservations to ski (like Loon and Windham) but hadnโ€™t considered parking.

letitsnow1

From the snow report
The North Ridge Quad, Ramshead Express, Snowdon Six and K-1 Gondola are scheduled to run through April 21st, when they will carry their last skiers and riders of the 2023/24 winter season. Be sure to check out our lift and trails report for the full lineup of open and groomed terrain, and lift details. Enjoy it while you still can!

So lame considering the amount of snow left at least they could keep k1 open another week.

Zand

Thinking about heading up on Sunday. Wonder if they'll also fire the Canyon up for the weekend. Be nice to not have to slog down the runout every run.

skiur

Definitely disappointing. Ton of snow still in the canyon. They normally don't go down to supe only until May. Things have gone downhill quickly at K the last few years. Next year may be my first year without a pass in over 20 years.

thebigo

From the snow report
The North Ridge Quad, Ramshead Express, Snowdon Six and K-1 Gondola are scheduled to run through April 21st, when they will carry their last skiers and riders of the 2023/24 winter season. Be sure to check out our lift and trails report for the full lineup of open and groomed terrain, and lift details. Enjoy it while you still can!

So lame considering the amount of snow left at least they could keep k1 open another week.
This is why you wait until the last minute to book vacations. Kids april vacation next week, was planning K, switching to jay.

letitsnow1

K1 is usually open as long as there's snow. And there website is still pushing spiring passes lol. I was going to buy k and magic passes next year but now im not so sure $1250 is a lot. Maybe ikon and magic and k spring pass instead.

thetrailboss

Staff member
K1 is usually open as long as there's snow. And there website is still pushing spiring passes lol. I was going to buy k and magic passes next year but now im not so sure $1250 is a lot. Maybe ikon and magic and k spring pass instead.
How does Killington's $1,250 compare to others?

thebigo

How does Killington's $1,250 compare to others?
current K unlimited is $1259. SR gold is $1439 but gets you loon/SL and western days.

K with ikon base is $1728

SR gold with ikon base is $1738 for new purchase, $1688 for renewal - take 5% off with boyne rewards