• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

skiur

The canyon will be skiing great but no canyon lift tomorrow is disappointing, lapping the gondola sucks. There really pinching their pennies this year. I hope Mike Solimano is at the passholder lunch tomorrow he's going to get an earful. King of spring no more

Wow, that just blows my mind, I was taking it for granted that canyon quad would be spinning tomorrow. Some real BS.

Smellytele

The canyon will be skiing great but no canyon lift tomorrow is disappointing, lapping the gondola sucks. There really pinching their pennies this year. I hope Mike Solimano is at the passholder lunch tomorrow he's going to get an earful. King of spring no more
Then the question is who is the king of springโ€ฆ

Kleetus

Wow, that just blows my mind, I was taking it for granted that canyon quad would be spinning tomorrow. Some real BS.
Echoing this. Real bummer they aren't spinning it with everything that's still open. I remember skiing the Dipper in the Canyon in May with wall to wall coverage in 2015(?) after a majorly back loaded winter and they spun the Quad despite nobody really being there. Was one of those epic days you always remember.

doublediamond

Could it be that due to the road reconstruction Killington would prefer fewer visitors? Could it be maybe not so nefarious as extreme penney pinching in an average winter?

Keelhauled

I don't know where the difference came from, but compared to last year, similarly back-loaded in terms of snow, the people never showed up this year even when the snow finally did (and they sure didn't show up in the first half either). I absolutely believe that Killington/Powdr are deciding to just try and shut down ASAP (without completely publicly admitting defeat) to stop the bleeding.

MidnightJester

So doing the Killington spring fun tomorrow/today "Saturday" Should be good. Who else is popping in for some turns Saturday?

letitsnow1

I just hope they keep superstar open until it melts out. I could see them closing June 1 with a ton of snow left. I'll be there today and tomorrow

Newpylong

A ton of snow left on June 1st? ๐Ÿค”

They'll keep going on SS as long as possible despite the bean counters prematurely shuttering other portions of the mountain.

letitsnow1

I hope so superstar has way more snow than last year and they made it to June 1 last year. If may is cool maybe they make mid june?

The Sneak

North Ridge cam shows some wintery precip right now. This upcoming week looks chilly. I don't see them losing much snow. All of these lifts should spin next weekend, as well. What a shame.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
A ton of snow left on June 1st? ๐Ÿค”

They'll keep going on SS as long as possible despite the bean counters prematurely shuttering other portions of the mountain.
Recently, Killington has closed after the first Sunday (or Memorial Day) "that some walking was required". That meant that we rode the lift with skis off. We walked down the headwall. And after a pleasant run most of the way, we walked the last 100 yards at the bottom of Preston's Pitch.

Last season, they were intending to make it to the weekend of June 3/4, but opted to open on June 1 for their last day. It was pretty marginal and the forecast for the weekend was challenging.

Those who remember the 1990s, when they ran as late as June 22, have watched how climate change has taken its toll on both the beginning and end of the season.

abc

I don't know where the difference came from, but compared to last year, similarly back-loaded in terms of snow, the people never showed up this year even when the snow finally did (and they sure didn't show up in the first half either). I absolutely believe that Killington/Powdr are deciding to just try and shut down ASAP (without completely publicly admitting defeat) to stop the bleeding.
Is there that much โ€œbleedingโ€? K has a healthy mountain biking operation In the summer. The typical starting date is Memorial Day weekend. So itโ€™s not like they shut down the mountain and turn it into a ghost town like some other mountains.