• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ๐Ÿ˜€

LoafSkier19

Was planning to use my last Loaf day on Ikon tomorrow, but weโ€™ve been invited to stay at a friends place tomorrow night at K. So weโ€™ll be skiing both tomorrow and Sunday there. Canโ€™t wait.

crippity

Got to K at 12 yesterday. 1215-4 straight, one umbrella beer break for 15 min. 15 runs off Sup chair. Rode today 8-11 non stop for 18 runs, Sup, Box, NR. Fantastic. opening bell today well worth it. never froze up.

crippity

some pic friday/saturday

Attachments

• IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2755.jpg
    IMG_2755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

Zand

Just got here at noon. 60s feel nice after last week. Probably stay on the box for another hour or so then head over to Supe.

I'm easy to spot. Marchand jersey.

Zand

Very fun afternoon. Sun came out from like 1 to 3 and the temps shot up into the low 70s. Corn everywhere, some bumps were better than others, fun scene at the Umbrella Bar. Love this place in the spring (as long as mother nature doesn't screw us like last Sunday).

Cascade at noon still pretty flat and corny. Ridge Run was adventure skiing but I always have fun with that stuff. Couple areas of grass skiing. That coupled with Highline was my ROTD. Wish I did them more than twice. Bumps on Highline were fun and only a couple bare spots to avoid.

PXL_20240428_194940959.jpg
PXL_20240428_165114369.jpg

Downdraft and Double Dipper had bigger bumps and I hit them late in the afternoon so I was pretty tired and skied them like shit. But coverage was good and the good bumpers were fun to watch.

PXL_20240428_190020682.jpg

Most of my day was spent lapping Mid O to lower Supe. Lots of fun bump lines on both. Also did an adventure run down Panic to Needles and back. Thought Needles was really good. Run back down Highlander I was able to do without taking my skis off but not sure I'd recommend anyone so the same with their skis lol. Definitely was skiing on gravel road where the snow wore thin.

PXL_20240428_170053429.jpg
PXL_20240428_180821007.jpg

Super fun day, thanks to K for reopening the box and North Ridge. Definitely made for some awesome variety today. It's now officially Superstar season. Hope to get up maybe in two weeks if Skylark and Bittersweet are still going strong for one more decent variety day.

Last edited:

Zand

Always crazy how some north facing natural only trails like Upper West Glade still have coverage while many snowmaking trails are toast.
Yup, and then one thing I forgot to ski that I wish I did was the Light. Sounds like it was still in good shape and it would've been fun to ski the woods one more time this year.

KustyTheKlown

sorry? upper west glade and the light? am i missing something here? i like to think i know killington pretty damn well. names for off-map hits that i just call by their entry points? what the heck are y'all speaking of?

djd66

sorry? upper west glade and the light? am i missing something here? i like to think i know killington pretty damn well. names for off-map hits that i just call by their entry points? what the heck are y'all speaking of?
West Glade is skier's right of the North Ridge Quad - I think they changed the name of the trail to Ridge Run. The Light is off the top Escapade (skiers right)

KustyTheKlown

West Glade is skier's right of the North Ridge Quad - I think they changed the name of the trail to Ridge Run. The Light is off the top Escapade (skiers right)

thanks.

ridge run is skier's left of the north ridge. looker's right. the boundary trail. you'd go past it to get to coopers. the woods between it and powerline ski well. i think reason and rime used to be east and west glade perhaps?

did not know the name of hte trees next to escapade

djd66

thanks.

ridge run is skier's left of the north ridge. looker's right. the boundary trail. you'd go past it to get to coopers. the woods between it and powerline ski well. i think reason and rime used to be east and west glade perhaps?

did not know the name of hte trees next to escapade
sorry, yes, I meant skiers right (on the way to Coopers) That was West Glade, not sure when they changed it

cdskier

Right...Ridge Run was West Glade and Reason was East Glade. Rime was Rime. That "North Ridge" area was "The Glades" and the chair before it was "North Ridge" was the "Glades Triple". You can see this on old maps through the early 2000s.