• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Knee supporting base layers

Edd

I’ve seen these products on my Instagram feed for at least two years and finally pulled the trigger. This is what I just got. There’s a thermal version similarly priced but my legs run hot.

Not sure if other brands get much cheaper, but they get a lot more expensive.

My knees feel pretty damn good, which I suspect is due to spinning keeping my legs strong. But, even some minor support sounds nice, especially for multi-day trips.

Anyone use a product like this?

Edd

Update: I’m returning them, a bit too constrictive. Also can’t have them inside ski boots and rolling them up a bit cuts circulation in the shin area.

zyk

Update: I’m returning them, a bit too constrictive. Also can’t have them inside ski boots and rolling them up a bit cuts circulation in the shin area.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something to replace my medical brace. Doc says I don't need it but I would like something to support my knee. It can't drop inside the boot. The last one I cut some of the tongue out of the boot. That sucked.

crank

I tried some compression tights and they just made my legs tired. I wear knee braces for all multi day trips. Usually don't on a single day.