• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Leno or Letterman?

Wdo Do You Watch/Prefer - Leno or Letterman?

• Jay Leno

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • David Letterman

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

ChileMass

With all due repsect to Jimmy Kimmel and the rest, Jay Leno and David Letterman are the two heavyweights of late-night TV. So who do you watch? If you don't watch them regularly, who do you prefer or which do you think is funnier?

Me, I'm a Letterman guy. Always have been. I think he's still hilarious and as edgy as you can be on network TV, even after all these years.

I always thought Johnny Carson and the old Tonight Show was great, but Jay just doesn't measure up - too LA.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
You left out an option:

• I don't care because my lazy ass is in bed by the time they come on...

;)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Leno. Letterman annoys the crap out of me.

Neither are as good as Carson, but he's the gold standard, no one compares and never will.

Leno has cool cars, is a cool guy, and has no insanely annoying mannerisms.

skibum1321

bvibert said:
You left out an option:

• I don't care because my lazy ass is in bed by the time they come on...

;)
I'm with you on this one. I'm up at 6 every morning so I'm usually sound asleep by 11:30. When I used to watch them occasionally, it would be Leno.

ctenidae

bvibert hit the nail on the head. I've probably watched more Letterman than Leno, but that's probably just a function of his being around longer. I couldn't say with any confidence that I've ever watched either one of them from start to finish.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ctenidae said:
bvibert hit the nail on the head. I've probably watched more Letterman than Leno, but that's probably just a function of his being around longer. I couldn't say with any confidence that I've ever watched either one of them from start to finish.

I concur, I've usually fallen asleep (or passed out) by that time. I watch no late night shows habitually.

Greg

Staff member
I too vote for the "sleep" option...

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm often asleep at that time. I will confess that I switch between the two when I am up....Letterman is a bit more conservative while Leno is a bit more edgy....Letterman is the "Coke" and Leno the "Pepsi" I guess....

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I used to be really into the Late Shows and Late Late Shows when I was a yonger (Middle School, High School, and some of College). I remember watching Letterman when he was in the Late Late Show slot and remember his first episode when he switched over (Bill Murray spray painting his desk, classic!). I can honestly say that Letterman started going down hill circa 96, if I remember correctly. I lost all interest around then. Letterman seemed to get comfortable and fall into the routine of the whole thing. I can't stand Leno for some reason. In either case, I stopped watching the Late Shows over half a dozen years ago.