• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift lines on President's Day?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I've been reading lots of trip reports from the weekend and it seems that in general (other than Smugglers for sure) lift lines were quite small for President's day Monday. I'd be interested in hearing your observations.

Sadly, I was in NJ for a function and the grounds were simply ice pack, much like in Boston (check out this photo from a school in Boston: this is a soccer field that the ice hockey team was playing on!)
icehockeywinsorfieldshomepage1.jpg

Last edited:

dmc

MLK day crowds werent so bad LAST MONTH...

Pres day crowds we're held back bythe brutal cold..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
oops...

MLK day crowds werent so bad LAST MONTH...

Pres day crowds we're held back bythe brutal cold..

Oops, wrong holiday; Thanks for the catch!
Argh, can't change the title...

Brutal cold? I didn't think it was that bad, I was out in -10 warming to +5 in January at Mt. Snow.
Hmm. Guess they'll probably mob the places this week/weekend....

dmc

Brutal cold? I didn't think it was that bad, I was out in -10 warming to +5 in January at Mt. Snow..

Right... me too... Have balaclava will travel...

but we aren't normal skiers...

drjeff

Mt Snow had about a typical Saturday crowd on Saturday, a really big crowd on Sunday (a solid 10 to 15% busier than Saturday by my estimates and looking at the parking lots), and then what I'd constitute as a really big midweek crowd/small weekend crowd yesterday (Presidents day) - the cold definately kept the onhill volume down as just about every hotel in and around Mt Snow had quite full parking lots yesterday, and their daycare/kids program were all close to/if not sold out, and the snowmobile tours were close to sold out too.

I think that Pres day, alot of the few time a year folks that were up for a couple of days decided to use the cold as a reason to do off hill activites.

skiprob

Handwarmer Family

My two sons and I brought my sister and her family to Catamount yesterday.

No crowds. No lines. Lots of space on the trails.

We managed the cold through toe warmers and hand warmers along with a few trips into the lodge.

Conditions were spectacular and we got in lots of runs.

mitchmac

No lines to speak of at Okemo. I think the cold kept a lot of people away. Definitely chilly on the lifts.

stomachdoc

At Waterville, Sunday was relatively busy, with, at the max, a 10 minute line at the main quad. Monday was an absolute ghost town, ski on the whole day. It was cold but the skiing was superb! Tuesday was a bit busier than Monday, but still no lines to speak of.

TwinTips21

I didn't wait once on Friday-Sunday at Ascutney. Once or twice there was a few groups in front of me but it was rare to not be the only person in line.(I guess that means your not in a line but I don't know)