• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loss of phone service while on Mountain or Road trip personally or carrier wide

MidnightJester

So today is a interesting day for US cellular phone drama. AT&T is totally down. Other cellular carriers are having issues. Loss of Data, maps and phone service. Hack or Data corruption spawned through networks.

Wonder if its affecting Mountain operations?

BodeMiller1

I wonder who would do such a thing? China or Russia, :ninja:

Verizon has a lot of government contracts. There is a reason, they're bullet proof (or close). Lots of carriers like cricket ride on top of others. Cricket is on ATT so they're going to be down also.

Some Apple phone folks lost fortunes recently. Where did all of the hard currency end up? At this point we don't know. :unsure::coffee:

Actually, the CIA and NSA can most likely trace it, butt not recover.

Bratwurst

Really? I am on Verizon and no issues.

Same here. i even got voice in North Conway yesterday which is normally a a dead zone.

The Russians are coming. The Russians are coming.

trump putin.jpg

"Americans are weak and soft. The best way to defeat them is to take away their cell phones. They won't be able to wipe their own asses without a smart phone. Right, Donald?"

"ERRRR, yes, yes Czar Vlad. What's this in your pocket? Is it a wad of cash? I like money!"

"Hands off my parsnip, you freak!"

BodeMiller1

That's one thing I liked about Bubba over on K-Zone. He agreed with me on some of this weird stuff.
We agreed that the U.S. can see more encrypted phone data even though in public the government claims they can't. For example, publicly the Feds are seeking Apple and others to give them data from folks they believe could cause us harm. When in the real world they have complete visibility. The reasons the government would do this are obvious.

chuckstah

My AT&T was out til after 1 at Stowe today. Made meeting up with friends interesting for sure. Never had an issue meeting up with people in the 80's with virtually no technology. 🤔

BodeMiller1

My AT&T was out til after 1 at Stowe today. Made meeting up with friends interesting for sure. Never had an issue meeting up with people in the 80's with virtually no technology. 🤔
I often wonder how we pulled off all of the f'd up stuff we did as kids. What was in our favor was we were not tracked, nor were our cars. Our parents thought we were at the next-door neighbor's house and we were at Super Sex in Montreal. :cool:

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I often wonder how we pulled off all of the f'd up stuff we did as kids. What was in our favor was we were not tracked, nor were our cars. Our parents thought we were at the next-door neighbor's house and we were at Super Sex in Montreal. :cool:
Let's meet outside Foxboro stadium at the closest you can get to the stadium in the lot in the direction of the sun

(Worked in summer 89 - fortunately it wasn't cloudy for the GD show)

BodeMiller1

I'm stranded in Burlington, VT. It's nice this time of year.
Saw the Grateful Dead in Highgate, Vermont. Right before the guy died. If I remember correctly, I was the only one there. :unsure:

Saw REM twice at Greatwoods.
Jimmy Buffet once - he sucked
Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Attachments

• presidentials-large.jpg
    presidentials-large.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 3