• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen - 1/8/10

2knees

cant wait to see the pics and vid. cant wait to finally try this place for myself too.

Greg

Staff member
Some pics

Grassi's First Ride on the Single
P1020160.JPG

bvibert on Lynx
P1020161.JPG

ALLSKIING on Fall Line
P1020184.JPG

Greg on Fall Line
P1020182.JPG

Grassi on Upper Glade
P1020165.JPG

ALLSKIING on Lynx
P1020201.JPG

Riding the Single
P1020176.JPG

Grassi on Fall Line
P1020186.JPG

bvibert in some tree on the last run of the day
P1020207.JPG

Greg

Staff member
A few thoughts on the day while I enjoy my coffee listening to the kids playing:

• Brian was on fire. He lead the charge on probably half the runs at least. In fact, on Lower Antelope, I couldn't keep up. Very impressive skiing. Hardly any of his usual hesitation on some pretty sketchy areas. I think not constantly fighting yourself back made for an overall easier day of skiing. Keep this momentum going Bri! The best I've ever seen you ski without question.
  • Props for Chris too. MRG on some thinnish conditions is tricky to say the least. You handled yourself well, and probably have a new perspective on exactly what is "difficult".
  • Dave - good to ski with you again. Smooth as always. Hope you're body is not totally wrecked today. Welcome to the 2009-10 ski season!
  • I did 9 runs - Cat Bowl>Lynx>Beaver, Chute>Glade, Fall Line>Canyon, Cat Bowl>Lower Antelope. After lunch: Chute>Liftline, Fall Line>Ferret>Glade, Cat Bowl>Lynx>Beaver, Chute>Canyon, and finished up with Brian on a great run off the double (not sure where we were but a great mix of powdery trail edges, bumps and trees.
  • We skipped Paradise figuring the waterfall was pretty high. Also, a patroller told us a slide occurred below the waterfall this summer and there's a lot of rocky debris in that area.
  • No other ski area I've been to can hold a candle to the terrain at MRG. So glad to finally get back after missing it last year. Going to try to make it a monthly thing for the next three months.
  • Report is saying 4" yesterday and 4 more last night. Most be great up there now.
Fully satisfied.

2knees

[*]Props for Chris too. MRG on some thinnish conditions is tricky to say the least. You handled yourself well, and probably have a new perspective on exactly what is "difficult".

nice to hear grassi dug it. I assume that could be a hairy situation for a newer skier to try to stay with more experienced skiers.

now you got a leg up on me grassi! good work

Grassi21

nice to hear grassi dug it. I assume that could be a hairy situation for a newer skier to try to stay with more experienced skiers.

now you got a leg up on me grassi! good work

Runs 1, 5, and 6 were rough. Lots of side slipping. But I hung in there and didn't keep the group waiting. My favorite runs were Fall Line, Lynx, and Lower Antelope. Liftline was the nail in the coffin for me. So many rocks and mini drops coming at you from all angles. I took one run after Liftline and was spent.

Shots for every one!

polski

Website
twitter.com
You handled yourself well, and probably have a new perspective on exactly what is "difficult".
That's pretty much the essence of MRG right there. From my own experience it's the best thing that can happen to a skier, to inspire you to kick it up a notch or two or ...

bvibert

Staff member
Great, great, awesome day yesterday! The conditions were good, not super great, but good. However you describe it it was right up my alley. I felt comfortable enough to just let er rip and really enjoy the terrain. My best day there so far, hands down, despite having better conditions on other trips. It was cool hanging out with some friends, having fun the whole trip, the Hyde Away was a lot fun. Can't wait to do it again!

Made it all the way to LI last night..got in at 2am.....Pretty dead today but sooooo worth it. Nice skiing with you guys again!

Glad you made it home ok. I'm freaking beat today! I did not appreciate my alarm going off this morning...

bvibert

Staff member
Grassi's First Ride on the Single
P1020160.JPG

bvibert on Lynx
P1020161.JPG

ALLSKIING on Fall Line
P1020184.JPG

Greg on Fall Line
P1020182.JPG

Grassi on Upper Glade
P1020165.JPG

ALLSKIING on Lynx
P1020201.JPG

Riding the Single
P1020176.JPG

Grassi on Fall Line
P1020186.JPG

bvibert in some tree on the last run of the day
P1020207.JPG

Great shots! I was such a backseat gaper in those woods in that last shot. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I got a few pictures too:

ALLSKIING
P1080009a.jpg

Grassi21
P1080010b.jpg

ALLSKIING
P1080011c.jpg

Greg
P1080012d.jpg

ALLSKIING