• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen 3/18/12 Closing Time

reefer

Temperature: HOT

Wind: NONE

Conditions: corn, slush puppy, moss, sticks, moss, rocks, grass, moss, water, moss, dirt, moss.

Report: Happy to be alive!
DoubleEject and I parlayed our travel day with the free ticket to MRG. Hit the hill about 11:00. They kicked us out at 2:00 thank God………… I was gonna get hurt. Dinner on the deck at Akes Den was a highlight. Did some hiking along the Mad River til’ dark from base camp at the Golden Lion.

Ouch
DSCN4312.JPG

DoubleEject surveying the situation
DSCN4325.JPG

DSCN4318.JPG

DSCN4335.JPG

DSCN4336.JPG

DSCN4321.JPG

From the deck at Akes. Great Place. Two thumbs up.
DSCN4355.JPG

Golden Lion rocks. Ask for your $10.00 Alpine Zone discount! Two thumbs up
DSCN4369.JPG

Hiking along the Mad River was nice.......if it was June...........
DSCN4348.JPG

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Glad you got to enjoy it,that was cutting it closer than I thought for sure. Passes in on Saturday, last day on Sunday! Phew

reefer

Glad you got to enjoy it,that was cutting it closer than I thought for sure. Passes in on Saturday, last day on Sunday! Phew

Very abnormal this year obviously. I've been up there this weekend in the past and had three feet of snow on that deck.............
Normally good time for MRG Raffle..................................
All the locals still accept they are going to have some type of big snow....whether its Easter or Mothers Day, we'll see..............................

Cornhead

I stayed at The Golden Lion twice this year. I talked the hostess into giving me eggs and pancakes at breakfast, I'm a big boy. I found a pair of shorts at a ski shop in town, so I was able to enjoy the hot tub. I always seem to forget them, lets see I'm going skiing, what do I need? Shorts never pop into my head. I was in it one night while it was snowing, that was pretty cool. I was chucking snowballs at things too. Thought about bombing cars as they passed, but thought better of it, the steam would have given my hiding spot away. Am I really fifty? Sometimes I wonder. Yes, don't forget to mention AZ. If you're skiing MRG, you can buy vouchers at the GL for $40. They didn't divulge this information, learned about it on this forum. Hey five bucks is five bucks. The only advice I have for the owners is to include wi-fi for free, what a pita, to use the little vouchers they give you. Besides, they only charge a buck, tack it onto the room rate if you really have to. The first time I stayed there, I was having trouble getting the wi-fi to work. I called the guy from Nowirz, he was in the neighborhood, and stopped by and straightened everything out for me, kudos.