• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad RIver Glen 3/9/2011

Euler

My 10 yr old son and I took our first trip to MRG yesterday and it lived up to all expectations (which were high). Conditions were packed powder, we were a bit afraid of getting in over our heads (given all the orange signs warning "cliff") so we didn't venture too far off the beaten path. I'm sure there was powder left out in the woods, but we didn't go looking for it.

We skied Slalom Run, Quacky, Upper Antelope, Upper and Lower Glades, Catamount Bowl, and maybe some others that we didn't catch the names of. All were great...round, evenly spaced moguls, pretty steep, just the right level of challenge for us. The only trail with marginal conditions was Catamount Bowl which had a LARGE section of ice bumps in the center, but skiers left was lovely. The place wore us out quickly...we started at 9:30 and were toast by 2:00. As others have said over and over, really great vibe there...low key and everyone just loves to ski.

I'll be back next year for sure!
View attachment 4413

View attachment 4414

View attachment 4415

View attachment 4416

Last edited:

2sons

Totally awesome! I love the pic of your son on the single and those bumps look sweet. I need to get my son up there next year.