• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 12 -22

bman

Awesome opening day at Magic. They received 15 inches from last nights storm, plus at least a foot a few days ago. Because they haven't been open, it skied like 2 feet plus of quite light powder. I was able to get there a little after 9, despite pretty poor roads for most of the drive from NY. Crowds were slim, and you could get freshies all day (or until I left, legs gave out at 2 PM).

All the trails were skiing very nicely, the liftline was terrific fun. Ventured into some woods on the skiers left of the mountain after lunch for a few runs to get more untracked. They are in great shape for this early in the season, but still lacking a strong base. I had one fall because a ski went under a hidden log, sending me flying forward. After that I slowed down in the woods. Overall, all I have to say is get out there!

Check some pics out

roark

twas good indeed.

got to the hill a bit late thanks to the many errands I had to run, skied all day and helped close it down.

sweet stuff early on, and nice windbuffed later.

tired. very tired. :)