• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 2/2

slatham

Resort or Ski Area
Magic Mountain
Date
Feb 2, 2024
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
Great day on the mountain with solid coverage but unfortunately some ice crust underneath. But the snow softened a bit - sun even came out a bit! - and everything groomed was excellent, including Talisman and Sorcerer (run of the day, and pics). Other non snowmaking standouts were UYS and Trick. Wizard looked to be groomed end to end but I didn’t ski the middle part - not with Sorcerer skiing so well. Snowmaking trails, which now include Carumba (though not done yet) were very good, deep, groomed side to side. It looks like Carumba will go again as soon as temps allow with 1 fan, 9 sled towers, and 4 rats set up. Thereafter it’s either finish Trick, or head West.

Lift crew working on Black……

Looks like a sunny and seasonably cool weekend- time to get on it!

Pics Sorcerer x2, Talisman, Carumba.

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpeg
    IMG_6625.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6624.jpeg
    IMG_6624.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6623.jpeg
    IMG_6623.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

slatham

Any idea how Goniff and Twilight are skiing?
TZ was a bit “spicy”. Higher=colder, no sun. Because of that run I did not hit Goniff. I wanted to hit Black Line from Broomstick but didn’t. Figure BL a bit lower, and gets the sun. People were on it.