• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 19 Bromley

slatham

Resort or Ski Area
Bromley Mountain
Date
Mar 19, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Slush or Spring Snow
Beautiful blue bird day. Power of March sun and Bromley exposure on full display as afternoon was soft and very skiable even though temp at condo (2,300’) never hit 25. Given freeze and work didn’t get out until afternoon. Coverage solid but exposed naturals like Shincracker showing signs. But plenty of natural on ground with even fields in the Bromley/Magic/Stratton valley holding snow. Snowmaking trials very well covered. It’s a bummer no snow in March but cold and lack of significant rain or extended melt has allowed the base stay strong. Bromley just announced daily operations through Sunday April 4th.

Pics are Shincracker, Lower Twister, and from top of Twister looking at Stratton.
65C0139A-E5C3-46A9-ABBE-BBD95496DE4F.jpeg1959056F-E2B3-465A-AE02-361F1F3B5B7A.jpeg01355F8C-2DB7-4E8D-9F64-EB298D2E2B4D.jpeg

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It was super fast at Stratton today with some B-quality turns on the top 800ish vertical feet where they didn't groom (a few high elevation trees, the moguls on upper Standard). I had fun and kept things interesting doing the off-trail before lunch and then put on the race skis for the afternoon. Solid 2" up top honestly felt pretty damn good given I haven't skied any fresh snow in at least 3 weeks!!!

Get it while you can, and pray for next week's storm. It could literally be a season-ender or a season-extender. 2"-3" of liquid precipitation coming...where the low tracks will determine how much, if any, is snow. It's really damn close to being an epic snowstorm...just need a couple more pieces to line-up.