• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Marker Piston AT Binding Adjustments???

stile

Quick question:
Have a new pair of Volkl AC3's and did not get instructions on how to adjust the bindings (piston) from the store. Figure I would check here before I make the drive out to the store to find out.

The instruction guide says there is a lever at the front of the forefoot but I do not see one???

Also there is a lockout screw near the heel...should this always be locked? or do you unlock to allow the bindings to slide on the rail?

any help is appreciated.

molecan

stile said:
Quick question:
Have a new pair of Volkl AC3's and did not get instructions on how to adjust the bindings (piston) from the store. Figure I would check here before I make the drive out to the store to find out.

The instruction guide says there is a lever at the front of the forefoot but I do not see one???

Also there is a lockout screw near the heel...should this always be locked? or do you unlock to allow the bindings to slide on the rail?

any help is appreciated.

If they are the 05/06 Piston bindings, there is no longer a level/switch to turn off the 'piston control', it is simply always on.

As for the 'lockout' screw, I believe you want that 'locked' to keep your bindings on the skis.

If you need the DIN or size adjusted, and do not have sufficient experience with that binding (and a weight/height/skill chart to choose an appropriate DIN setting) bring em to a good shop for those adjustments. Also, you should have the bindings release tested with your boot, if they havent done so yet.