• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mc 01.10.09

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Date(s) Skied: 1-10-2008

Resort or Ski Area: DA Creek
Conditions:
man made blown snow, natural and ice

Trip Report:

Left the house about 5. traffic was just stupid. people where driving 25mph on just plain wet roads. there was one lady in a H2 doing 20 on rt280 in the left lane. it was unacceptable. people get cars with 4wheel and drive even slower. just stupid. anyway.
got to the mountain at 6:45 and parked in my reserved space by the ski patrol at north. the south lot wasn't as full as i thought it would be with the big rail jam going on. maybe 3/4 full.
the gondi ride up was well
Picture_001.jpg

snowy
headed right over to granite as thats where i new they where blowing snow.
the switchback on red rock.
Picture_006.jpg

the snow was great on the sides. devils has to opening this week there is fukton of snow on it.
upper red rock
Picture_012.jpg

Picture_007.jpg

lower red rock
Picture_013.jpg

the FG quad was looking reall creepy and cool tonight.
Picture_003.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

the quad for some reason remindes me of the forerunner at stowe when it comes up over the cliff. it feels like a mini version of the quad side of stowe. i think its one of the reasons i felt so at home the first time i was at stowe.
snaped a pic of lower pipeline.
Picture_016.jpg

they are blowing snow over on the headwall and the guns are on lower. last year the groomers did pis poor job on lower. they just grommed out all the character.
snowler bladers in da mist
Picture_018.jpg

the fan guns where going on doe so it was some mane made poe. i did this till the closed the lift till the closed at 9. i lost count after lap 10. i went back over to vernon and went down fox run
Picture_020.jpg

which was super soft on the left side of the trail. jumped back on the gondi and did a lap on eagle upper
Picture_021.jpg

and lower.
Picture_022.jpg

upper was actually kinda scratchy. which is odd because they just groomed it out last night. lower was really scrapped off. so i went into the bar and had three beers and checked out the cards game. things where still in full swing at south when i split at 10:30.

thanks steeze. yo DHS's friend from dc that set me up with place at stowe has the screen name phileycheesesteak. made me think of you.

lol..I thought of the name GrilledSteezeSandwich two years ago while riding the lift at Blue.before that I was Doug, Skibum26, Bart, MCskialot, skiaddict and other names..