• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meals at the lodge

bdfreetuna

424c156d25dd13211af02ac4d8f3722a.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
Nice

1491233607589.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

I can't afford to do the Chicken Fingers and fry thing too much, (weight wise, not $ wise) and I didn't go into to it this weekend but a couple of years ago the new lodge at the top of Killington had a really nice salad bar.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

The pizzas at Ragged in the Stone Hearth bar were very good all season. Course you paid wait staff pricing ($18/pizza) but had to bus your own table.
They ought to fix that for next yr as the mtn continues to grow.

Smellytele

The pizzas at Ragged in the Stone Hearth bar were very good all season. Course you paid wait staff pricing ($18/pizza) but had to bus your own table.
They ought to fix that for next yr as the mtn continues to grow.

They should have a wait staff for sure. Also would be nice if you could get it by the slice. Wait is too long for the whole pie.

xwhaler

They have a lot of things to work on and fix from an operational perspective next yr in/around the lodge.
We'll see if management is paying attention to details beyond how many cheap season passes they can sell.

bdfreetuna

10/10 points to Edd for slipping in a humble brag about being at Sunshine Village with a topic relevant photo reply.

SkiFanE

Time is of the essence. Whatever is cheapest and quickest and fullest to go with a beer. That's lunch. Sometimes just a cliff bar with stashed canned bevvie. SR has a meatball truck at Jordan. We'd get them wrapped in foil, take up lift and eat and drink canned bevvies in woods. Lodge lunches are for freezing cold or wet days.

bdfreetuna

Cliff bars are great when the skiing is too good to go inside for lunch. The blueberry ones especially.

I also find a beer at lunch tends to end up cutting the day a little short. I'm trending more towards coffee/caffeine for lunch lately for this reason.

The Sneak

Al Cliff bar is fine. But my understanding is that a Cliff bar is no healthier really than a Snickers.

Me? A beer and a bowl of chili or good salad if available.

French fries and fried chicken - that's for the annoying racer kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk