• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meriden Mountain lower ridge-trail building

powhunter

A bunch of ya have ridden the top ridge via hike a bike, but if you continue on the DT instead of taking the left for the hike a bike, the trail continues along the lower ridge but abruptly ends a bunch of trees that fell over the trail about 5 years ago. I scouted the area a few times and started to build some sick ST. Headed out with a steel rake, a shovel and some small pruning shears and figured I extended the trail almost half a mile. I plan on clearing approx 3 more miles which would make the ride about 6 miles.

a few pics:

On the hike up

picture.php

A little gnar DH
picture.php

Pretty much went with the flow of the ridge with minimal cutting..just pruned a few branches...A bud of mine who works for NU scored me some utility flags
picture.php

Gonna do something with this next week!! :cool:
picture.php

Steveo

yesmandroc

Nice! I've never really hit up Meriden Mountain. I'd love to get a tour some time.:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame: