• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mittersill 7-20-05

awf170

Finally got up to mittersill for a hike on wednesday, was planning on doing saddleback but couldnt get up there so me and my dad settled for mittersill. Wasnt too nice of hike because of flat steps and deep grass, but was still worth it to figure out the trail layout out there and to find some nice local cut glades/trails. Didnt get too many pics because there were a ton a mosquitos and black flies. So here are a few pics...

And an addition warning to anyone going camping north of the notchs in NH the bugs are absoluty horrible, we couldnt even stay at milan hill because the black flies were so bad(i counted over 20 bites on my back, neck and head :blink:

Pics...

bottom of the old chair
P1010048.jpg

looking up the slope(dont know the name, maybe someone can inform me on this)
P1010045.jpg

top of the same lift
P1010044.jpg

unloading ramp(wow that is steep :blink: )
P1010043.jpg

another picture of the top of the chair
P1010041.sized.jpg

tuckerbrook trail
P1010038.sized.jpg

cannon
P1010037.jpg

looking across the notch
P1010031.jpg

cannonballs
P1010035.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
whoa, someone butchered the jump next to the double unload ramp, doh. when i first saw that jump last summer when it was built, i kinda rolled my eyes. but i took a lot of nice hits of that jump this past winter and will definitely miss it. must have been vandals as the entire platform has been butchered.

bvibert

Staff member
Darn vavndals! Maybe someone will rebuild it before next winter.

Nice TR Austin! I love pics of "lost ski areas".

bvibert

Staff member
awf170 said:
huh why dont my pics work... is it because i renamed that album???

Yes, its because you renamed the album, that changes the directory name. All you really need to is change the album title in the album properties.

BTW, riverc0il is trying to hint that its bad netiquette to post pics from other sites without permission...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
bvibert said:
BTW, riverc0il is trying to hint that its bad netiquette to post pics from other sites without permission...
just to explain the reasoning for why it is not good to directly source an image from someone else's web page:

every time this thread is viewed or refreshed (likely by the same people that already saw the photos once), the image is pulled from my server and utilizes bandwidth. i pay for web hosting and only have a limited amount of download bandwidth alloted for my web page per month. the preferred method for posting photos that are not located on your own server is via a direct hyperlink, this also allows the person viewing the image to see the web address the photo is being sourced from. no worries, i am not in danger of exceeding my bandwidth any time soon, but the traffic on my site is growing lately and it could be an issue eventually given how much content is available in picture format.
:beer:

awf170

Oh sry riverc0il about that... i think i do everything wrong possible about netiquette :dunce:

and ohh ya all of your trip reports from 2004 season the pictures dont work(it might just me be though, i dunno)