• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLK Day Storm

ThatGuy

GFS has this a bit further west than the euro. Who will win out?

NWS just upped their forecasted snow totals again. The local forecast for winhall VT has snowfall rates at 2'' per hour from 4-8am which seems crazy. Hopefully not to much snizzle in the second half
Waiting for Sunday night/Monday morning for it to play out. Trying to decide between Stowe, Magic (hopefully open for powder day) or Mt Snow. We shall see mother nature can be pretty capricious.

ThatGuy

that is my plan also. Brundage, Tamarack & Bogus. Great start to the year then the drywall hits. It will still rock, I'd rather have dry there than ice here.
Same plan here, 7-12th. Hopefully we get some powder days out there.

Edd

All lifts at Bretton Woods closed for the morning. Happy MLK! BW wind holds are rare.

abc

God! The first storm of the season. Only 2 posts on the storm thread.

But 10+ posts on the Vail sucks thread. I'm not so sure why I'm on this board any more. :(

So depressing...

Edd

Gunstock got 8” and it’s close so hitting that today. I can hear the wind outside and dreading it. My biggest weak spot is goggles fogging while wearing a mask, so I almost never wear one. Not an option on days like this so while I was still in bed I ordered this silly looking thing. If it actually works, it’ll be worth every penny. I’m not optimistic.