• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Sainte-Anne

gittist

If you skied there during the 22/23 season would you go back? One of our ski clubs are planning a trip there in 2024. However it seems that things fall off of the haul rope,Tripadvisor reports that the grooming is lacking, and on here that RCR may be in financial trouble.

Maybe the EPSC Carnival at Heavenly would be a better trip?

Killingtime

Cool place. Was there a few years back (right before covid) and thought it was great. Other than being insanely cold (-24F) it appeared to be very well run, maintained and staffed. Sad to hear about the gondola cabin falling off. I'll let someone who has been there recently chime in on where it is today.

gittist

I was going to ask you whether it was -24C or -24F. Then I looked it and saw that it didn't matter much 🥶

Edd

If you skied there during the 22/23 season would you go back? One of our ski clubs are planning a trip there in 2024. However it seems that things fall off of the haul rope,Tripadvisor reports that the grooming is lacking, and on here that RCR may be in financial trouble.

Maybe the EPSC Carnival at Heavenly would be a better trip?
I skied there 3 weeks ago and would definitely go back. It was a spring vibe with barebones staff but all important lifts were running during the week. It became mashed potatoes that day so grooming was barely on my mind. They qualify as one of the strong spring players in the northeast.

I read the same things you do about their issues though, and can’t speak to them. I did two days there about five years ago and we really liked it back then. Living there and having an under 40 minute commute to Quebec City seems like a dream scenario. It’s a nice area geographically, kind of mind-blowing that it’s so close to us.

2Planker

Nothin better than Winter Carnival week, staying in Old Quebec and hitting MSA every day.
Did it 3-4 times in the 80’s & 90’s. Great food, Great party week 👍

crank

Haven't been since January 2020. Good hill with some good bumpers and nice steep, wide groomers and well as plenty of easier stuff. Grooming was good then. On mountain food kind of meh.

How many days is your trip? There is a decent amount of lodging, restaurants, stores, etc. near Ste. Anne. Le Massif is about a half hour east. Quebec city is about a half hour west.

gittist

Haven't been since January 2020. Good hill with some good bumpers and nice steep, wide groomers and well as plenty of easier stuff. Grooming was good then. On mountain food kind of meh.

How many days is your trip? There is a decent amount of lodging, restaurants, stores, etc. near Ste. Anne. Le Massif is about a half hour east. Quebec city is about a half hour west.
It's a bus trip from Reading PA with 6 nights lodging in Quebec City during the carnival. My guess is that it'll be four days to ski. All of the details aren't out yet.

2Planker

It's a bus trip from Reading PA with 6 nights lodging in Quebec City during the carnival. My guess is that it'll be four days to ski. All of the details aren't out yet.
Do it !!! Carnival is a blast. Think Mardi Gras in -10F

crank

Sounds fun! We love staying in Quebec. Bus should take you guys out to Le Massif at least one day. View from Ste. Anne is great. View from Le Massif is amazing. Really good terrain at both.