• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most popular ski brand / your favorite

Which is your favorite ski brand

• Atomic

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Dynastar

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • K2

• Rossignol

• Volkl

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Salomon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fischer

• Kastle

• Hart

• Head

• Nordica

• Doesn't Matter

• Other

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dlague

I have skied on Kneissel, Kastle, Atomic and Nordica in the past but over the past 20 years have been consistently getting Dynastar and Rossignol. My wife has Atomic and Dynastar and my son's last two have been Rossignol and Volkl.

With that in mind I was curious about which brand is the most popular? On this board Blizzard, K2 and Nordica are often mentioned. Which brand is your favorite? Which brands have you skied?

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I saw a set of Kneissl skis on Saturday at Wildcat. I was unaware that they still were being made. Can't remember the last time I saw a pair.

Currently Nordica is my main brand; big fan of the Hell and Back series. I have the Vagabonds as a powder ski and the Steadfasts as a daily driver.

I've probably owned more Rossignols than any other brand. Liked Dynamic a lot back in the day.

dlague

I saw a set of Kneissl skis on Saturday at Wildcat. I was unaware that they still were being made. Can't remember the last time I saw a pair.

Currently Nordica is my main brand; big fan of the Hell and Back series. I have the Vagabonds as a powder ski and the Steadfasts as a daily driver.

I've probably owned more Rossignols than any other brand. Liked Dynamic a lot back in the day.

My Kneissl skis were from the late 70's (aging myself on this one)

wa-loaf

Used to be a K2 in the 80's and 90's. Now there are so many good skis coming out I look out more if something fits my needs. Currently have Volkl, Fischer, and Rossi for skis. Got my eye on some Atomics and would love to give Blizzard a shot.

bigbog

So many different models among multiple brands filling a single sort of "category". I'm finding my favorites spanning brand names, without one single brand dominant.

Cornhead

Started out on used pair of Rossi Viper S, since I've been on Volkls, Tigersharks, Mantras, RTM 84's. Two new pair of Volkls this season, new design 2015 RTM 84's, warranty replacement of the 2013 model, and my first pair of powder skis, Volkl Kuros 185's, new, last year's model. I've ordered larger brakes for the bindings on the Mantras, and am having my shop mount them on the Kuros. I'm nervous to ski the Kuros, not in powder, on groomers, they are catoonishly wide, 6.4" in the shovel. Should be fun, if this isn't a repeat of 2011.

drjeff

I've owned (or still own) Rossi's, Völkl's, Atomics, Blizzards and Head's over the years.

There was a long time when I thought that Rossi was all that is needed. That phase ended for me not long after the shaped ski revolution really took off about 15 yrs ago when Völkl got my love, then I hit an Atomic front side power carver phase (still love them) before I went Blizzard for some full rockered fat powder skis (still love them) and now Head has my love for as close to a true 1 ski quiver tip rocker mid fat.

Of course with all that being said, there's a pair of Stöckli's that just might become my new daily driver in the next few weeks! ;-)

Bottom line is that nowadays there's a bunch of companies making REALLY GOOD skis!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Of course with all that being said, there's a pair of Stöckli's that just might become my new daily driver in the next few weeks! ;-)

They are nice skis. My brother is friends with someone that works with Stokli. Their US operations are based out of northern VT. Needless to say, my brother just ordered a new pair of Stockli's and should be getting them shortly.

I can't seem to remember the brand of the first pair of skis I had but they were wooden, metal edged hand me downs. There are also some others I can't recall for about 6 years when I was a kid. When I was about 11 or 12, I got these sweet Rossi Freestyle-J's with Salomon 444 bindings. That was a really hot setup for a kid. After that, I had a pair of Olin Mark VI Comp SL., Kastle RX National SL skis. Volkl PX9 and Volkl Explosiv's. Atomic Arc SL and Atomic Betarace 9.20. Dynastar Mythic Riders and Legend 94. G3 Ace. Now, I'm on a one ski telequiver of Fisher Watea 96s.

Hawkshot99

I voted for Volkl. I do not currently own any, and have only owned 1 model(but 3 pairs of that model). But I have skied nearly every model, in almost all categories except powder skis and find them to be the at, or right near the top in almost all of those categories. In individual areas, I may like other brand options, but find there other category offerings to b lacking.

drjeff

They are nice skis. My brother is friends with someone that works with Stokli. Their US operations are based out of northern VT. Needless to say, my brother just ordered a new pair of Stockli's and should be getting them shortly.

I can't seem to remember the brand of the first pair of skis I had but they were wooden, metal edged hand me downs. There are also some others I can't recall for about 6 years when I was a kid. When I was about 11 or 12, I got these sweet Rossi Freestyle-J's with [bold]Salomon 444 bindings.[/bold] That was a really hot setup for a kid. After that, I had a pair of Olin Mark VI Comp SL., Kastle RX National SL skis. Volkl PX9 and Volkl Explosiv's. Atomic Arc SL and Atomic Betarace 9.20. Dynastar Mythic Riders and Legend 94. G3 Ace. Now, I'm on a one ski telequiver of Fisher Watea 96s.

The first pair of skis I ever owned, a Christmas 1979 present from my parents, had Salomon 222 bindings WITH SAFETY STRAPS! on a pair of Rossi Team 2's - still remember those gray with navy and red stripe 170's like yesterday!! :)

Last edited:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
The first pair of skis I ever owned, a Christmas 1979 present from my parents, had Salomon 222 bindings [bold]WITH SAFETY STRAPS[/bold]! on a pair of Rossi Team 2's - still remember those gray with navy and red stripe 170's like yesterday!! :)
My 444's had safety straps too. I think the last pair for me that did. I had 555's on those Olins and I'm pretty sure those had brakes.

mishka

I don't see Mad Russian on the list...

:thumbup: definitely my favorite ski brand :thumbup: when I gonna get you on my planks? do I need to start making snowboards to get you on board? lol

Jokes aside some times ago sold all skis I had from manufacturers mentioned above. And for a few years now ski nothing else but MRCskis

Cannonball

:thumbup: definitely my favorite ski brand :thumbup: when I gonna get you on my planks? do I need to start making snowboards to get you on board? lol

Jokes aside some times ago sold all skis I had from manufacturers mentioned above. And for a few years now ski nothing else but MRCskis

Might need a new thread that is "coolest" ski brands instead of "popular". Yours would crush that list.

I'm still interested in making skis one of these days. I had a blast building a board last year. I think it's an addictive thing. Would be cool to have an AZ ski building "CO-OP" where a bunch of us work with you to build an assortment of models that we all mix and match on the slopes.