• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 1/10/2010

Euler

I found outstanding bumps today on Overbrook, Olympic, and Jaws. It was my first time skiing Jaws, I was pretty proud of myself to be able to ski it. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have gone near a trail like that.

Anyway, on those trails the snow was nice and carvable and bumps were medium to largeish. I have to say, the largest, most challenging bumps today were on Overbrook, the blue square trail!

Other trails without bumps and with a lot of skier traffic ranged from nice machine groomed surface, to scraped up boilerplate. Beartrap, usually one of my favorite trails, is just sitting there, a short strip of steep, scraped down iciness. I hope Mt. Snow will blow some serious snow on it if we don't get some natural snow soon.

I'll be going back for more Wednesday afternoon.

Glenn

Nice TR and good to see you again!

We were going to go yesterday, but opted to go for a local hike and get back to the flatlands a little earlier.

mlctvt

I have to say, the largest, most challenging bumps today were on Overbrook, the blue square trail!

Agreed, Overbrook was my favorite run of the day. I lapped it several times yeasterday late morning. I'm not too good at bumps yet and the ones at the top of Canyon/Overbrook were just the right pitch to practice on. I just stayed skiers left all the way down, doing as many bumps as I could.

drjeff

Agreed, Overbrook was my favorite run of the day. I lapped it several times yeasterday late morning. I'm not too good at bumps yet and the ones at the top of Canyon/Overbrook were just the right pitch to practice on. I just stayed skiers left all the way down, doing as many bumps as I could.

Gotta give mountain ops a big thumbs up for placing the carriage mounted fan guns on the Overbrook headwall and dragging the water hoses and power cords through the trees from Canyon.

Gotta love this time of year when they've had a prolonged good snowmaking run, have just about every snowmaking trail open + in good shape, and still have cold air and water left with how they'll everynow and then put the effort in to drag the equipment onto a trail that typically isn't a snowmaking trail. And of course IMHO, once they're done making snow on Plummet, if they want to keep those lines charged and drag the gear through the woods for a 24 to 36 hour run on Jaws, that would be okay in my book ;)

drjeff

I found outstanding bumps today on Overbrook, Olympic, and Jaws. It was my first time skiing Jaws, I was pretty proud of myself to be able to ski it. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have gone near a trail like that.

Anyway, on those trails the snow was nice and carvable and bumps were medium to largeish. I have to say, the largest, most challenging bumps today were on Overbrook, the blue square trail!

Other trails without bumps and with a lot of skier traffic ranged from nice machine groomed surface, to scraped up boilerplate. Beartrap, usually one of my favorite trails, is just sitting there, a short strip of steep, scraped down iciness. I hope Mt. Snow will blow some serious snow on it if we don't get some natural snow soon.

I'll be going back for more Wednesday afternoon.

Nice to see the mention on the afternoon snowreport today that Beartrap now has the guns running on it!