• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow starts the "who's going to make snow this weekend?" list!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Totally agree and wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the lights of over 100 fan guns lit up on the mountain Friday night!

Will they let them blast for more than two 10-hour shifts unlike last time, to make the snow...I don't know...accumulate a bit ;-)

Skiing two Sundays ago was nice though. But then again, it only takes 2 inches of that man-made white gold for things to ski well. I haven't been to the mountain since March 6, but I did not see anyway for them to make it to April...and that was before more rain. If they could get the guns going full blast (not likely) Friday and Saturday nights, without turning them off Saturday day, they could get some serious production down and on the ground.

Still can't believe I was skiing naturals and trees there at the end of April last year on closing day.

yeggous

Will they let them blast for more than two 10-hour shifts unlike last time, to make the snow...I don't know...accumulate a bit ;-)

Skiing two Sundays ago was nice though. But then again, it only takes 2 inches of that man-made white gold for things to ski well. I haven't been to the mountain since March 6, but I did not see anyway for them to make it to April...and that was before more rain. If they could get the guns going full blast (not likely) Friday and Saturday nights, without turning them off Saturday day, they could get some serious production down and on the ground.

Still can't believe I was skiing naturals and trees there at the end of April last year on closing day.

My guess is they focus on Polecat with a few spot guns elsewhere, like Middle Catapult. They need Polecat for the British invasion in April. Middle Catapult would restore the connection to the lower mountain trails off the Bobcat lift.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My guess is they focus on Polecat with a few spot guns elsewhere, like Middle Catapult. They need Polecat for the British invasion in April. Middle Catapult would restore the connection to the lower mountain trails off the Bobcat lift.

Today skiing Polecat I noticed a ground gun at the big corner past Tomcat Schuss. I thought it was odd that it wasn't put away for the year. Now I know why.

That stretch along Schuss, Middle Wildcat/Catapult like you say and hopefully that gives them three unique routes off the top through 4/10.

thebigo

Forecast may impact wildcats decision to make snow, 12Z GFS is showing a foot +/- on monday.

May forego skiing Sunday and take a sick day on Monday if the forecast holds

Attachments

• gfs_asnow_us_23.jpg
    gfs_asnow_us_23.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 132

benski

Southern Vt looks like it will be great monday. I can probably take off monday if I can find a ride from Binghamton. PM me if you can drive me.

cdskier

Forecast may impact wildcats decision to make snow, 12Z GFS is showing a foot +/- on monday.

May forego skiing Sunday and take a sick day on Monday if the forecast holds

Hmm...I could go for some western trending with this...