• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mountain creek 12/9

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
went back and forth on to go or not. left home at 2:30. there where sprinkles on the way up. the sun was actually out at the mountain.

i was able to score the number one spot in the lot.
there was basically one way down. they are around the lift was clogged up with kids socializing but there was no line.
the snow was great. fast spring like conditions big gs turns where the way to go. it would get a little cloged up at the top of highlands because of the jib honks getting to drop the rails on the right of highlands but you could just blast by them.
i did like 8 laps then went and got powerade and a snickers. chilled by the fireplace and did some emailing.
went out and did 4 more laps. it was starting to get a little busy. on my last run it took a full 2 min in the singles line so decided to spit. it would have started to thin out in the next hour but i figured three hours was enough and i would be back tomorrow after meetings.

they have cleaned up the the sorjourn. fresh paint and cut all the weeds and little trees. the weekend and friday night is going to be a shit show.

o and a bunch of the lights along the lift line for south peak went out around 5:45. i was kinda weird riding the lift in the blackness.

Last edited:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
nice to see MC is finally open..how many routes are open from the top?

they could have had two but they didn't groom canyon, giant steps and cloud nine. they had some snow on red tail and flying fox. also the lark crossover was fully covered. did go over to see what they had covered at south because there was to much traffic on 94. they also built a huge quick check at the 94 & 206 intersection. its freakin stupid. after tomorrow i might go in friday afternoon for a few hours but i wont hit it again till sunday night. gona be way to many people there.

One.

Good to hear Sojourn looks like they're planning on using it though.

ya the base terminal looked all clean and they had done some work on the trail. they need to get it open with the next cold snap to connect the areas.

millerm277

ya the base terminal looked all clean and they had done some work on the trail. they need to get it open with the next cold snap to connect the areas.

Unless there's been some huge change in snowmaking priorities, I doubt that'll happen. That and Pipeline tend to be the very last trails to see snowmaking.

millerm277

it was huge complaint last year and the cops where none to happy about kids walking down the road. so we will see what happens with the next cold snap.

Tell me about it. One of them wound up giving me a ride back to Vernon from South after MC management was being obnoxious and refusing to run a shuttle.

ERJ-145CA

Yup, I guess now it was yesterday, I see you saw my TR. I have a pass at HV but they are closed, I think they were hit even harder by the ice storm than MC was, but I wanted to ski so I bought a ticket at MC. Hopefully HV opens this weekend for the season, should be good snowmaking temps at night.