• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Aziscoos Maine

Beetlenut

Just back from the Rangeley area where we did a short hike with killer views. There's a description of the hike here http://www.amateur-hikers.com/mountain.asp?id=10378 . We started up the backside trail in light rain which got progressively worse on Saturday, and did the entire 2 1/2 mile ascent in the rain. Just before we got to the summit, the sun popped out and we spent the next several hours on top, drying out, eating, and taking pictures. The views were impressive! We went down the shorter, steeper trail when we left.

view4.JPG

view3.JPG

view1.JPG

Trail_Sign.JPG

view2.JPG

moose.JPG

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
nice moose!

I was informed this mountain is actually spelled, Aziscohos. This is the only thread I could find on AZ regarding this so I guess this is the one & the same :lol:

bigbog

Landlocks sure gorged on caddis this Spring and Summer JSM. My one planned day of fishing ended up a disappointment at old & spent bog, but my happen-to-be-next-to-streams(East Outlet, Kennebec and WestBr.Penob) days = each cast = 14"+ of LL. Kept my style of 10casts or less/day rate constant = resulted in more LL/trout than in the last decade..lol.

That's beautiful country that Beetlenut caught on camera......

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Landlocks sure gorged on caddis this Spring and Summer JSM. My one planned day of fishing ended up a disappointment at old & spent bog, but my happen-to-be-next-to-streams(East Outlet, Kennebec and WestBr.Penob) days = each cast = 14"+ of LL. Kept my style of 10casts or less/day rate constant = resulted in more LL/trout than in the last decade..lol.

This was my first summer fishing... earnestly trying that is! My girlfriend is a fishing nut so I've decided to join her in this venture. We stayed at the Black Brook Cove Campground and would paddle out to Beaver Island, beach and fish near sites W5 and 6. Second cast out first day I landed a 2lb LL. Followed by another not too many casts later.

Beautiful place, MTB or hike in the morning, paddle for a couple of hours around Lake Aziscohos, catch dinner, eat and have a few by the fire.