• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 4/27/08 Closing day

2knees

Date(s) Skied: 4/27/08

Resort or Ski Area: Mt Snow

Conditions: spring, snirt, dirt, rock, grass

Trip Report: Through much pleading, begging, pouting and false promises, i managed to finagle one more day. Weather was a bit off but still warm. Main face was down to Canyon and Deer run it looked like. North face had Ripcord, Freefall, Olympic and Fallen timbers. Some walking required to get to ripcord. no big deal, some people took skis off some didnt. My only complaint was the lack of a true bump run to finish on. I just kinda expect that in spring. But congrats to Mt. Snow for hanging in there. Awesome job this year. Anyway there were some bumps on the lead in to ripcord and some scattered lines on freefall but nothing that went on and on. Other then that, a fantastic day. Sun even came out and great company. Always great to ski with powhunter and johnny. nice to see zand out there too. Jeff, we missed ya bro!

Till next year for me. Great year, all in all. ended at 23 days.

Video will be up once youtube finishes its thing.

Eski

probably my last day of lift assisted turns, a decent stop on the way home from the Bush ... 103 days, more than I've ever dreamed of getting ... life is good!

bvibert

Staff member
Nice job on the video Pat. Looks like a fun day! All I did was change my oil and go to the Sundown employee picnic. The picnic was fun and there were some surprisingly large patches of snow left. I wish I had brought my skis, or better yet brought my skis up to Snow to ski with you guys. Oh well, there's always next season! :D

powhunter

nice day!! No great bump lines but good people to end the season with (unless the bush opens next weekend) but i really need time to heal my bumps and bruises....nice vid pat...and great Jerry tune!!!

steve

Greg

Staff member
Finally some good music in a ski video.

That's a jab at me, I take it? :lol: When you're willing to shoot, edit and post some ski vids, then you can criticize... :razz:

I'll take endless heat for this, but IMHO, the Dead is way overrated.

BeanoNYC

That's a jab at me, I take it? :lol: When you're willing to shoot, edit and post some ski vids, then you can criticize... :razz:

I'll take endless heat for this, but IMHO, the Dead is way overrated.

Don't jump to conclusions Greggy Poo. It wasn't a jab at you, just liked that he put the dead on his video. I do shoot and edit ski vids and post them on my youtube account, just not here, really. To be fair I didn't shoot much video or take many pictures this season. That Grateful Thread is probably top 5, if not top 10 in this forum, btw. Almost 16K Views and well over 600 posts...they must have done something right.

Last edited:

2knees

Don't jump to conclusions Greggy Poo. It wasn't a jab at you, just liked that he put the dead on his video. I do shoot and edit ski vids and post them on my youtube account, just not here, really. To be fair I didn't shoot much video or take many pictures this season. That Grateful Thread is probably top 5, if not top 10 in this forum, btw. Almost 16K Views and well over 600 posts...they must have done something right.

I've wanted to work a dead song into a video all year but so much of my collection is on tape. :roll: figured gdtrfb was a perfect tribute to the end of the season. Plus it was such a laid back vibe at Mt Snow that day it just fit.

Seriously considering a snow pass for next year. Just dont know if i want to be monogamous. :lol: