• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: West Hartford Reservoir, CT - 6/22/08

powhunter

Just realized my killington trip is a week from sunday.....any ideas for riding sunday?? Id like to do the top ridge at meriden but we couldnt start till 10. The ride would end @ 1230 Also wouldnt mind hitting tyler mill in Wallingford...suggestions???

steve

Greg

Staff member
Midday at Hubbard is not going to work for me. Might be able to swing a late afternoon ride like around 3 or 4 pm, but that gate closes then, no? Hoping to check out Nassahegan on Thursday. That might be an option.

MR. evil

I am up for anything as long as it is early.

What about the W. Hartford Res?

powhunter

Jonny can only do early too...so we are down for anything....w hartford res sounds good do you know the area tim??

steve

MR. evil

Jonny can only do early too...so we are down for anything....w hartford res sounds good do you know the area tim??

steve

i use to know the place really well, but it has been years since I have ridden there. I am sure that Brian and I could figure out a good ride.

bvibert

Staff member
I won't be able to make Sunday unless its pretty early. I have to be in Torrington by noon.

Greg

Staff member
I suspect a late afternoon ride will work better for me this weekend. I might just hit up Nass or Nepaug.

MR. evil

I suspect a late afternoon ride will work better for me this weekend. I might just hit up Nass or Nepaug.

I think we need to decide on what time we can all ride beofre where.

I prefer early in the morning so i have the rest of the day for things around the house

Tim

Greg

Staff member
I think we need to decide on what time we can all ride beofre where.

I prefer early in the morning so i have the rest of the day for things around the house

Tim

Go for the morning slot, man. Certainly don't plan rides around my schedule. If morning's best for most of you guys, go for it. I suspect most of the time, mornings will be best for me too; just not this Sunday as of right now.

powhunter

I can go anytime on sunday....hopefully my derailer will be here by then....then tim or brian can put it on for me and I can crash :wink:

steve

Greg

Staff member
Seriously, guys. If morning works best for you, go for it. I'm making a few domestics maneuvers that should result in mid to late afternoon being a possibility. If it pans out, I'll be staying local, either Nepaug, Nass, or maybe even White Memorial.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I could possibly come down for that if someone tells me were it is, and it isn't too far. West of Hartford is going in the right direction. I don't suppose anyone from down there rides at Case Mountain?

bvibert

Staff member
Ok so West Hartford Reservoir early

I'm in, but I'd like to be on the trail by 8am if possible, does that work for others? I don't think there's going to be time for a parking lot derailer replacement though. I've never actually replaced one, can you do it without replacing the cable too??

Powhunter
Jonnypoach
bvibert

MR. evil

I could possibly come down for that if someone tells me were it is, and it isn't too far. West of Hartford is going in the right direction. I don't suppose anyone from down there rides at Case Mountain?

Haven't ridden Case in years. Though I want to get back. If you up for a drive you should check out Batchlor St. in Granby Ma (near North Hampton). It is a really sick ride, really technical. A guy over on MTBR that I ride with occasionally is leading a group ride there this Sunday afternoon.

bvibert

Staff member

Here's directions to the entrance:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...7174,-72.776527&spn=0.01729,0.037208&t=h&z=15

Pretty much from there you follow the road all the way to the back where you'll see a big parking lot. At least that's where I assume we'll meet??

BTW, when did you move Marc?

powhunter

Ive been there a few times nice singletrack/doubletrack.....pretty sure thats gonna be one of our rides this summer.....yea would be great if ya could join us on sun

steve