• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My Shovels Aint Fat Enough

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Hehehe.

dmc said:
I hate those "Shovelers" alway blocking the trail... ;)
This is a race that is held every Sunday at the end of the shift. The area is closed Sunday nights and all paying customers are off the hill before it begins.

Did anyone happen to catch it live on Chronicle (Boston 5) last night? There was a segment on the ski area and they showed the shovel race.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
They say they're not that great on hard pack...ok.maybe...but then again my line is right down the side of the trail...thank you Mr. and Mrs. Boarder...and they're quick too..I think I get addition air time since they're like an air foil..

o_Pocket%20Rocket.jpg

EDIT: And stable...pow...corduroy..crud...you never get thrown into the backseat...took a hit last week at Hunter....In the air I knew I was in trouble...too far back...hit the landing...those big fat tails on this twin tip bad boy save my A$$

awf170

riverc0il said:
after demoing a bunch of skis in the 'mid-fat' catagory earlier this season, i went with the dynastar legend 8000 for emphasis on powder and natural snow. turns like a dream. 8800 might be preferable for deeper powder and less packed powder, but i think the 8000 is preferable for the east. i tried the b2 and didn't care much for it. thought it would be solid in a foot of powder, but that was about it.. ymmv.

i went to utah and my dad demoed 4 different pairs of skis and he had the same experiance with the B2's, he thought he would like he them but he was really disappointed. He also demoed the 8000, 8800 and pocket rockets and he loved all of them, but for the east he is probably going to buy the 8000's.

sledhaulingmedic

Atomic Metron M11 is pretty happening in the fluff, yet carves like you're on rails on hardpack.

I had a chance to demo next year's Rossi Z9. It's very similar to the M11. More versatile than the B3, so it's better suited to the East.

awf170

i had to buy a pair of those pocket rockets for those powders days and out west and i also got a pretty good deal on them.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Hey...I just had my Rockets up at Hunter Mountain in NY.

If you know the Mountain, you know how thos narrow shoots they call trails...hellgate, ect ALWAYS get shaved off and turn into boiler plate.

People say the rockets are not a good east ski.

Nonsense.

Those twin tips carve real well in to the permafrost

And I didn't even tune them this year...and the stuff that's piled off to the sides of the trail...you want to talk about big fun....stability thy name be the rockets...

I wish Microsoft could make a platform so stable....

Funny thing also, on the cororoy...my wife can't ski behind me...they throw off a rooster tail of snow about 5 feet high....

BIG FUN

The didn't do too well on Nastar though..plus I blew out of the binding on the course....Gotta cranck those settings up a little and I'll try it again...

I did keep my Dynastar Vertical assaults though...great bump ski...even at 203

The rockets are soooooo much fun that I haven't brought them out in 2 years though...time to go get back into the steep bumps...though I have no one to ski there with...

Maybe a bump lesson