• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/22/10

bvibert

Staff member
I ended up riding tonight despite the rain, my reasoning being that it wasn't raining hard so it would be a while before the rain reached the ground in the woods. Turns out I made the right call. I thought I'd be solo, but Woodcore rode up to my car right when I was getting ready, his plans had changed. We ended up having a really good ride, though I almost gave myself a heart attack trying to keep up with Mountainman and Ad-rock at the beginning of the ride, luckily for me they ended up peeling off to the waterfall while we continued on the truck trail. I was shot at that point already, but luckily I caught a second wind not too long afterwards and we ended up riding a longer loop then originally planned.

Our route was Jug>Scoville twisties>Truck trail>across 69 up to the high road via the Sandy and Chuck bypass (I don't know what the rest of that trail is called)>High road>2 bears>Stony hill rd>up Kitchen bypass>Surveyor trail>down Fat kid>Cemetery twisties>done.

That was about 9.3 miles in under 2 hours, maybe closer to 1.5? Either way it was a great rip and I'm pumped that I got out, thanks for the company and the post ride beer Woodcore!

WoodCore

Nice rip indeed Bvibert! Amazing how it rained pretty much the whole time we were out on there yet hardly any of it passed through the canopy and onto the trails. With a few minor exceptions most everything was dry, non-greasy and rolled pretty nice.

With my warm up loop of the Jug I ended up with 10.61 miles and a healthy 1621 feet of climbing. I guess the best part of the ride for me was finally rolling the bridges on the Jug for the first time this year! Glad to get that shit checked off the list!

Last edited: