• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 6/7

Greg

Staff member
Solo ride for me this evening, and the weather was spectacular! didn't get to scoville until 6:25, and was rolling within minutes. Route:

Cemetery > fire road > up the Kitchen bypass (teh sux) > blue trail to forest access road > DOWN the FKC! > fire road > WoodCore trail through Valley of Fern > cross Reservoir Road > Session Woods to Truck trail > WoodCore bypass > Scoville Twisties > cross scoville > Jug

8.9 miles and I did it all in about 1:40! Moving average 5.9 MPH, overall average 5.3 MPH. Rode okay. Satisifed with my technical ability, but really psyched about the pace.

powhunter

Pretty good pace there!! Got your message as I was heading home from there...Had a damn nice ride myself did twisties>jugalug>69 loop? Felt like about 10 miles but was probably more like 4 or 5..Plan on heading back out there tomorrow morning

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
Nice ride Greg. Way to mix it up a bit, and make use of some of the new stuff!

Greg

Staff member
Nice ride Greg. Way to mix it up a bit, and make use of some of the new stuff!

Yeah. Did a lot of trails in a reverse direction that what's normal for me. Only descended the FKC once before. It takes like 90 seconds to get down that, and 15 minutes to climb it! Glad to get back on Jon's trail. Rides nice both ways...what an awesome way to link two great areas which was formally accomplished by lame ass fireroad. It opens a lot of opportunities.

WoodCore

Yeah. Did a lot of trails in a reverse direction that what's normal for me. Only descended the FKC once before. It takes like 90 seconds to get down that, and 15 minutes to climb it! Glad to get back on Jon's trail. Rides nice both ways...what an awesome way to link two great areas which was formally accomplished by lame ass fireroad. It opens a lot of opportunities.

Glad your liking the new stuff! I've been riding similar routes of late and yes it does open up a ton of options down in that area of the forest. I've actually been ridding up the bypass and down the Fat Kid much more frequently of late and rarely in the opposite direction. Definitely some great routes to roll out there! :beer: