• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need help with possible new skis.

nyskier

My local ski shop recommended the following skis:
Blizzard X05
Dynamic T11

I just started this season but I'm skiing blues and some blacks. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these skis and would they be good for me for the future? Also they ant $500 for the skis, bindings, boots, poles. Is that a good price?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I just started this season but I'm skiing blues and some blacks.
hi and welcome. it would be helpful if you listed which mountain you are skiing blues and blacks at. for example, a black at one mountain might be considered equivelent to a really easy blue at another mountain.

i have no experience with those skis, but if you wait until the end of the season, the package price should drop substantially if you are willing to wait. sounds like a package deal would be ideal for you regardless of which one you get. cheers.

:beer:

nyskier

Skiing Hunter Mountain and Camelback so far. They are pretty much the mose convienant for me.

Greg

Staff member
nyskier said:
Skiing Hunter Mountain and Camelback so far. They are pretty much the mose convienant for me.
Just to put it in perspective for you, Steve - Hunter blacks are legit northern NE-level blacks...

BeanoNYC

Where are you in NY? If your in my area, I can recommend a few places for you to "shop" around. What type of skiing are you into?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yea, i know hunter is legit. i had just wanted to clarify if the blacks were big mountain blacks or local ski bradford or nashoba blacks, considering nyskier is on his first year. pretty big differences as nyskier didn't give us much to go on. i still have no thoughts on the skis but figured the question might help give others more information.