• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need popular southern whites day hike rec

mrzilliox

hey folks - heading up to NH next month to catch the Allman Brothers / Widespread Panic show in Gilford, and we thought it would be a good opportunity to check out one of the more popular NH trails we always end up avoiding due to crowds.

Monday August 24th is the day

originally we looked at Chocurua, but I think the more leisurely and less strenuous Morgan-Perceival Loop near Squam lake might be a better fit given the 4 hour rock concert and 2 hour drive back to Boston afterwards...

Any other ideas?

Vortex

Mount major is right there. Futher up north. Welch dickey loop. Around 3 hours, fun loop. My favorite southern whites hike. exit 28 off 93.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Mt. Roberts is a gem. 5 miles round trip, never gets overly steep, and the views along the way are tremendous. Also not overrun with crowds.