• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England Multi-mountain Season Passes

ScottySkis

Putting this great info here to. Buy season pass at Magic get free ticket for Platty. Buy season passs for .Platty get free ticket to use at Magic There coming up with other perks to I hear.. I guess maybe a place like Hickory for another venture. More reason for me to highly considered this deal.I still go to other mountains with discount cards . What to due tough decision.

dlague

I just noticed on another thread:

I havent pulled the trigger yet, but Pico passes are on deck for the whole family.

Like to get opinions here! I live about 1 hour and 10 minutes from Cannon compared to 1 hour and 45 minutes from Pico. However, a season pass at Cannon would be about $1200 for my son, wife and I versus $900 at Pico. Pico offers me a 15 day pay back period based $20 per visit cost. That is 5 days less than if I go with Cannon. Both ski areas are about the same acreage Pico 265 versus Cannon 264. Clearly Cannon has a longer season!

Are there other intangibles that I should consider?

xwhaler

I think w/ a Pico pass you could get a discount Spring Beast pass for around $179 or so for late season turns.
I'd personally do Cannon---all highway and I'd argue more variety of terrain than Pico. Pico also closed Tues/Thurs so if the powder were to hit and you were looking at taking a day off you'd be SOL.
Though I guess you could then go to Cannon for their 2 for 1 Tuesday or NH resident Wed $25 day.

Savemeasammy

Longer season at cannon.

The shorter drive to cannon will make those sketchy weather days a bit more appealing.

Bountiful ski-off opportunities with your fellow AZ cannon regulars :D !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Here is a side by side from the same distance above. I think this is an interesting perspective!

PicoCannon.jpg

steamboat1

I think w/ a Pico pass you could get a discount Spring Beast pass for around $179 or so for late season turns.
I'd personally do Cannon---all highway and I'd argue more variety of terrain than Pico. Pico also closed Tues/Thurs so if the powder were to hit and you were looking at taking a day off you'd be SOL.
Though I guess you could then go to Cannon for their 2 for 1 Tuesday or NH resident Wed $25 day.

Yes they sold a spring pass to K for $179 to Pico passholders. Not really a big deal because the regular price was $199, a whopping $20 more. Pico pass holders are also able to buy spring K lift tickets for 50% off anytime, not just weekdays. Pico being closed Tues.- Wed. (they're open Thurs.) can also be an advantage for powder days. The big March storm this year happened on a Wed. into Thurs. I skied K Wed. but that's besides the point. Thurs. I opted to go to Pico because all the snow that fell Wed. into Thurs. morning was just sitting on the mountain untouched whereas K had already been skied out on Wed. The powder also seems to last longer at Pico because there are not as many people skiing it. Also with the Pico pass you get $25 loaded on the pass that you could spend anyway you like at the mountain, it's like free money that actually reduces the cost of the pass by another $25. I like Pico for a lot of reasons but I do think Cannon is a better mountain with more variety (especially when Mittersill is open).