• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Pass Sharing Scheme: The Powder Alliance

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like the answer to the Mountain Collective, the Epic Pass, and Monarch's pass deal:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/56614725-79/snowbasin-resorts-alliance-com.html.csp

The included resorts are:

• Crested Butte in western Colorado
• Sierra-at-Tahoe, China Peak and Mountain High in California
• Stevens Pass in Washington
• Schweitzer in Idaho
• Timberline and Mt. Hood Skibowl in Oregon
• Arizona Snowbowl near Flagstaff, Ariz.
• Angel Fire north of Albuquerque
• Bridger Bowl near Bozeman, Mont

A full passholder at one of these resorts gets three free days at the other resorts.

ScottySkis

I believe Snowbird in Utah to I saw it yesterday on their Facebook page. Your right I was wrong it is snowbasin.
1001805_10151745352797148_2068370052_n.jpg

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowbasin yes, Snowbird is in the Mountain Collective now. But that would be sweet if it was because I'd go try Snowbasin.

ScottySkis

Snowbasin yes, Snowbird is in the Mountain Collective now. But that would be sweet if it was because I'd go try Snowbasin.

Snowbasin is great Mtn, highly recommend it I ski two days there it was epic, local worker their hooked me up with highly discounted tickets and picked me up from my hotel for no reason at all except she was a really nice person check out the place and food is gourmet and bathroom you can bring size of a NYC studio bedroom.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowbasin is great Mtn, highly recommend it I ski two days there it was epic, local worker their hooked me up with highly discounted tickets and picked me up from my hotel for no reason at all except she was a really nice person check out the place and food is gourmet and bathroom you can bring size of a NYC studio bedroom.

Sounds like you're a popular guy!

The Snowbasin lodges are crazy!

ScottySkis

Sounds like you're a popular guy!

The Snowbasin lodges are crazy!

Just got lucky I didn't have a way from cheap hotel to the Mountain and was going to have to take a cab, talk about a drive she drove in from Jackson Hole to work at Snowbasin.

4aprice

I love these multi mountain deals. For many reasons they are not as big back here in the east but, I will be very interested to see how the 4 mountain deal in NH does and particularly the Big 3 pass in NY State. If successful we may start to see more of this here.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

steamboat1

Read about these two deals a few days ago. Was waiting for trailboss to post it up. Sounds like a great deal for him since he buys a Snowbird season pass.

**NEW The Best Benefit In The Wasatch: With the purcahse of a qualifying season pass from Alta Ski Area, Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort passholders will receive three free days at each of the other three resorts. Click above or visit one of the participating resorts' website for more details.

**NEW The Mountain Collective:
With the purcahse of the Mountain Collective Pass each passholder receives 2 days at each of the following areas: AltaSnowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Mammouth, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, and Whistler Blackcomb. Additional benefits include 50% off additional ski days at The Collective destinations, no blackout dates and up to 25% discount on lodging at The Collective destinations.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Read about these two deals a few days ago. Was waiting for trailboss to post it up. Sounds like a great deal for him since he buys a Snowbird season pass.

**NEW The Best Benefit In The Wasatch: With the purcahse of a qualifying season pass from Alta Ski Area, Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort passholders will receive three free days at each of the other three resorts. Click above or visit one of the participating resorts' website for more details.

**NEW The Mountain Collective:
With the purcahse of the Mountain Collective Pass each passholder receives 2 days at each of the following areas: AltaSnowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Mammouth, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, and Whistler Blackcomb. Additional benefits include 50% off additional ski days at The Collective destinations, no blackout dates and up to 25% discount on lodging at The Collective destinations.

Yes, very good deal. We just got an Email last week when I was out of town regarding the new "Premium Passes" from Snowbird that give us three free days at Alta, PCMR, and Deer Valley. We also get unlimited half price tickets at a bunch of other places. From what I've seen a regular full tram season pass qualifies for this deal.

I am excited at the prospect of nine free days at some other great Utah areas. I like the idea of skiing at Alta, Snowbird, and Deer Valley on one pass.

I'm not exactly singing from the rafters quite yet because last season we had a problem with Snowbird when we bought our passes. I love Snowbird, but sometimes customer service is not great up there. Our situation was not handled so well by the ticket office and I'm now much more skeptical about what the marketing folks say about these "deals" and what they really are. I'm going to be reading the fine print here to make sure it is what they say it is before committing.

On the other hand, when my wife got injured and had to sit out the rest of the season, the ticket office did give us a credit towards this season, which was nice.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Yes, very good deal. We just got an Email last week when I was out of town regarding the new "Premium Passes" from Snowbird that give us three free days at Alta, PCMR, and Deer Valley. We also get unlimited half price tickets at a bunch of other places. From what I've seen a regular full tram season pass qualifies for this deal.

I am excited at the prospect of nine free days at some other great Utah areas. I like the idea of skiing at Alta, Snowbird, and Deer Valley on one pass.

I'm not exactly singing from the rafters quite yet because last season we had a problem with Snowbird when we bought our passes. I love Snowbird, but sometimes customer service is not great up there. Our situation was not handled so well by the ticket office and I'm now much more skeptical about what the marketing folks say about these "deals" and what they really are. I'm going to be reading the fine print here to make sure it is what they say it is before committing.

On the other hand, when my wife got injured and had to sit out the rest of the season, the ticket office did give us a credit towards this season, which was nice.

Stay tuned.

Hope those fine print turns out good for use at Alta, sorry about your wife.

wa-loaf

Wish we could get more of these kinds of deals in the east.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I would love it, but east coast has a different clientele. More daytrippers?

SLC has its share of daytrippers.

Snowbird, DV, and PCMR did the deal to respond to the Mountain Collective. It would only take a group of resorts in the east to try this in order to force something.

FWIW I recall Pats Peak and Sunapee doing a similar swap.

But in all my years at Sugarbush I was surprised that they did not do something like this. For example, give SB passholders night skiing access to Bolton for a few nights in exchange for Bolton skiers getting a few days at Ellen or something.

One big reason why there is no deal on the east coast is that you have some resort chains such as Boyne, Peaks, and Triple Peaks who offer passes for multiple resorts they own in the east.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Solitude posted on their FB page that there will be a joint Solitude/Brighton season pass for $999 for 2013-14.

I saw that yesterday. It's interesting that they did not partner up with Snowbird/Alta. A Solitude/Brighton pass is, in my opinion, not a big deal. Both are pretty much locals places.

ScottySkis

I saw that yesterday. It's interesting that they did not partner up with Snowbird/Alta. A Solitude/Brighton pass is, in my opinion, not a big deal. Both are pretty much locals places.

I liked Solitude a lot, the chairs line up is a little wacky but powder on trails after snow for days.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Though I do like the 50% off I get at Alta (And Jay) with my Wachusett pass.

Yeah Wachusett has done lots of deals with other mountains for some time now. It is a nice perk for their passholders.

I liked Solitude a lot, the chairs line up is a little wacky but powder on trails after snow for days.

That's the thing that makes me go :blink: While it is good for snow preservation, it is a PITA to do laps in the good terrain that Solitude offers. If you want to ski bowls and good stuff, you can't avoid having to ride three lifts with two of them being slow doubles. You essentially have to go from one side of the resort to the other. And while it is nice that they have two relatively new HSQ's, their placement is very odd in that they all dump you into the same area. So one area has way too many lifts while the rest of the resort has nothing.

wa-loaf

That's the thing that makes me go :blink: While it is good for snow preservation, it is a PITA to do laps in the good terrain that Solitude offers. If you want to ski bowls and good stuff, you can't avoid having to ride three lifts with two of them being slow doubles. You essentially have to go from one side of the resort to the other. And while it is nice that they have two relatively new HSQ's, their placement is very odd in that they all dump you into the same area. So one area has way too many lifts while the rest of the resort has nothing.

I got to ski some pretty cool side country at Solitude last season. But yeah, the lift system is weak, not to mention having to walk across the parking lot to get back to the base.