• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Hampshire State Police

snoseek

Usually from Mass.?? I take umbrage with that statement. I'm absolute sure that every state has its share of irresponsible drives. When I'm in VT, it's the NY and CT plates that whizz by me in great numbers.

This past weekend I was on 93 (trip to Cannon and Burke) and I was saw PLENTY of less than safe driving (speeding, tailgating) done by NH plated vehicles. I was especially amazed by the number of snowmobile trailer towing pickups that were hauling like the proverbial bat out of hell. I was keeping a mental track of these and just about all of those where from NH.
I generally keep my speed to under about 65 - 70 mph (weahther and road conditions permitting) since I really don't need any surcharges on my insurance, and at times I really feel like I'm a slow poke.
I'd be seriously in favor of imposing a huge tax on gas. Probably a $5 per gallon would bring a bit of sanity to the highways.

we have plenty of reckless drivers in my area, but when i'm driving north on rt. 16 i very often get tailgated by mass plates. there is even a big difference between drvers native to my area vs. more rural areas north of me. maybe you don't see this but many people i know do.

Bumpsis

Well, no wonder people go flying past you :wink: i don't mind if people go 90mph on the open highway, whatever, but when they start cutting people off or pulling stupid moves to try to get one spot ahead on a crowded road AKA all of Boston! where are the cops then?

I ask myself the same question - there is a serious lack of law enforcement in Boston.
I also think that the issue of irresponsible driving around Boston gets compounded by not just arrogance but also ignorance. I see so many people break some really cardinal rules of the road that it really makes me think: Do they actually know the rules??

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I'd be seriously in favor of imposing a huge tax on gas. Probably a
$5 per gallon would bring a bit of sanity to the highways.
I'd be in favor of this. Saw a dude pass me on the highway doing about 70 in a 55 (I was doing 65, so I had a good speed reference 8) ). The kicker was - he was driving a Prius hybrid!!!. I don't see the logic in paying a multiple-thousand dollar premium for a hybrid only to go out and drive it like you stole it. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Edit: Though in thinking about this statement, I'm sure this guy wouldn't be fazed by such a tax. :roll:

pimothy

Back in nineteen ought fifty three when I was in driver training (rt 2 Shelburne Falls) we were taught a safe distance to follow is one car length per 10 mph. And 60 mph was 88 feet per second. And reaction time is who knows what? Makes sense to me.