• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New lift, trail work proposed for Whiteface Mountain

RH29

Sunday River first ran the new Spruce Triple at full rated speed with the carpet loader. It pretty much shot you off the unload ramp and you had to allow it to do so or it would clip you as the chair rounded onto the return wheel. Alas, too many were getting clipped or wiping out on the ramp so they have since reduced the max speed they spin the machine. But the full rated speed was impressive. Can't imagine a full speed unload on a detach, but yes I have experienced the Peabody rocket launch at the unload at Cannon. Probably down to half speed by the time you can stand up but it is fun with that flat and long unload ramp.
I love when a detachable lift unloads at just the right moment for me to go flying off it. Peabody at Cannon comes to mind, as do Adirondack Express at Gore and Grand Summit at Mount Snow. I hate 90 degree loading and unloading with a passion.