• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY to Seattle: Prob Decemeber: Long weekend: Snowqualmie vs Crystal

crippity

Indy Pass Mtns seem too far. So Ikon being used. Never been to either. Will be with buddy from Bellingham so cheep hotel in play if necessary or can always upgrade (old guy here). Timing is open for most of Dec up to 18th and depends on how snow comes in (how is it going so far). Curious on any opinions and appreciate all answers? Advanced rider but more curious on snow/fun/reliability/commute/beer/food/etc......

KustyTheKlown

crystal is way bigger, but is notably crowded on the weekends due to ikon being unlimited. its not far from seattle but is the middle of nowhere accessed down a long 2 lane road in the woods with no services or lodging nearby. very few beds at crystal. other lodging is 40 min down the road in enumclaw. great skiing if the snow is good and dry. great hike to/sidecountry.

snoqualmie sucks except for alpental. alpental is small but awesome. great sidecountry skiing. easier to drive to, on an interstate.

crippity

tks KTK, keep your other thread going cuz im flyijng spokane late Feb and hitting Indy/Ikon ie RED and all others with some crazy canadians so appreciate that tread

crippity

if you had buddy in bellingham would you just eat passes and goto baker? but flying into seattle? Scenario: Indy and Ikon full holder, have time and buddy in WA to ride with for long weekend or longer

2planks2coasts

Baker is worth going off pass for. If you're up in Bellingham, Manning Park (indy) is just over two hours. Cypress (Ikon) is 90 minutes away.

jaytrem

snoqualmie sucks except for alpental. alpental is small but awesome. great sidecountry skiing. easier to drive to, on an interstate.

I don't know, Hyak (Summit East) was a lot better than I expected. Good amount of ungroomed decently steep stuff. I expected it to be more like the rest of the place where you just have steep at top and then it quickly flattens. Then again, even that was a good time.

As for Crystal, I'm 0 for 3 on attempts to ski there (3 different years even). Maybe some day!!!

And yes, Baker is a blast!