• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NYC people pleace help me.

Hawkshot99

OK, so I took the NYPD exam a few months ago, and made it through the first round(the test).

Now I need to report for a medical exam. Only problem is that putting the address into Google maps gets me nothing.

Here is the address on the letter:

One Lefrak City Plaza
59-17 Junction Boulevard
Rego Park, N.Y. 11368 - 16th Floor

SkiDork

YOu just have to put in the address, leave off the one lefrak city plaza part. That gets it.

Hawkshot99

I got that to come up, but it is not Rego Park. It is Corona.

Taken from the Google link.
Corona, NY 11368
(near Rego Park)

I would think that the address would be Corona, and not Rego Park in the letter I got.

SkiDork

Don't worry about what town comes up on the google map hit. Queesn is strange, different political entities have different town defintions. Case in point - to the post office, almost all of queens is considered Flushing.

59-17 Junction Blvd is the key.

Hawkshot99

Don't worry about what town comes up on the google map hit. Queesn is strange, different political entities have different town defintions. Case in point - to the post office, almost all of queens is considered Flushing.

59-17 Junction Blvd is the key.

OK then. Thankyou. I was struggling with that part.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Lets see here tonight ..you can't get your hot tub to work and your lost in New York ,oh yeah lets not forget the hooker .. not bad I think you should go out and buy a lotto ticket, your luck has to change .. wait better stay put or something worst might happen to you ..;-)

ha ha ha. if i was himi wouldn't move from the spot i was standing. just watch final destination.

Hawkshot99

So I have been looking at how to get to the building in Queens and it does not seem like I can make it there on time.

First train of the day arrives at GrandCentral at 5:50. Then it looks like I need a bus to get me to Queens. There is a bus stop at the building I need to go to, but I just wonder if I can make it from the train to queens in 40 mins.

Is there a semi cheap hotel in the area that anyone would recommend?

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
So I have been looking at how to get to the building in Queens and it does not seem like I can make it there on time.

First train of the day arrives at GrandCentral at 5:50. Then it looks like I need a bus to get me to Queens. There is a bus stop at the building I need to go to, but I just wonder if I can make it from the train to queens in 40 mins.

Is there a semi cheap hotel in the area that anyone would recommend?

what time do you have to be there.

BeanoNYC

Lefrack City is a huge apartment building right behind the Queens Center Mall on Queens Blvd. Take the LIE to Woodhaven Blvd.

Edit: You'll be jumping on the F train from Manhattan.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
a2441jf.jpg