• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ok so I won a pair if Rossi scratch BC's - keep 'em or get something else?

DEVO

I won a pair of Rossignol Scratch BC's at the TGR Anomaly show. They are 185 cm 128 - 98 - 121. I am REALLY appreciative of winning the skis but my dilema is, do I keep them and ski them or try to sell/trade them to get something else?

The reality is I ski here in the east. No plans to travel out west this season. My current skis are Dynastar legend 8000 178cm 79 waist and K2 enemy 173cm 75 waist I think (the original red w/ skulls). One one side they seem like they might be really fun to ski but on the other hand when am I really going to get to use a ski with a 98 waist to it's potential here? I was thinking about maybe getting something closer to a 90 waist twin twin tip. I wonder if I could go through Rossignol?

Any opinions? Anyone here ski this ski in the east or know anyone who does? Thanks!

DEVO

I decided to keep these. After most of my friends said I would be crazy not to keep and ski these. Plus looks like I am getting a hook up on some Salomon bindings!

Now snow dammit, SNOW!!!

roark

Sounds like a plan. Should be a blast on the occasional powder day (or trips out west!)

koreshot

Keep em. The Scratch BC is gonna be a good soft snow ski and still carve groomers. Perfect for a powder day at places like Jay or the Bush.

IMO people get too hung up about girth under foot, as in "its too fat to carve" or "its not quick enough edge to edge". Bottom line is that today's fat skis have enough torsional stiffness to carve confidently in most snow conditions. That and I have seen good skiers (not me) zipper line a bump run on 100mm under foot pow skis. Its doable.

Hopefully I am not wrong - I'll be starting my season off on a pair of 99mm fatties with minimal sidecut.

DEVO

Keep em. The Scratch BC is gonna be a good soft snow ski and still carve groomers. Perfect for a powder day at places like Jay or the Bush.

IMO people get too hung up about girth under foot, as in "its too fat to carve" or "its not quick enough edge to edge". Bottom line is that today's fat skis have enough torsional stiffness to carve confidently in most snow conditions. That and I have seen good skiers (not me) zipper line a bump run on 100mm under foot pow skis. Its doable.

Hopefully I am not wrong - I'll be starting my season off on a pair of 99mm fatties with minimal sidecut.

don't know if I will be zipper lining a bump run on this this seaso, but I getting REALLY psyched to ski these. Especially since I picked up the bindings tonight.