• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One of my favorite things in the world to do-

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Is to remind the summer and heat lovers that as of the end of June, the days are getting longer.... hehheh. I'm such a bastard.

Got the idea from Jim's thread.

Anyone else love bursting the hot weather bubble?

PS If you're planning on posting how much you like the warm weather, or all the fun summer activities in which to engage, save your fingers and spare me the post.

The thread is officially for bitching, moaning and complaining ONLY. All violators will be towed.

highpeaksdrifter

Is to remind the summer and heat lovers that as of the end of June, the days are getting longer.... hehheh. I'm such a bastard.

They must like to hear that too, cause everybody needs a good laugh. Ya see days are always 24 hours long and after June 21st the daylight time begins to get shorter not longer. :wink:

bvibert

Staff member
PS If you're planning on posting how much you like the warm weather, or all the fun summer activities in which to engage, save your fingers and spare me the post.

The thread is officially for bitching, moaning and complaining ONLY. All violators will be towed.

I LOVE summer and the HEAT!!! Can't get enough of it. I only wish the damn winter wouldn't get in the way of it every year. My AC doesn't work as well when it's cold out... :(

:lol: :p :p :lol:

ctenidae

I was quite frightened when I saw the combination of title and author here. Bad juju.

I much prefer the cold. You can always put on another layer, but you can only get so naked.

bill2ski

The SNOW LESS Season, JULY--AUGUST-SEPTEMBER is only useful as a means to fleece cash from unsuspecting tourists ,through the sale of overpriced seafood and teeshirts. For the sole purpose of purchasing season passes, equipment,apparel and auction site condo's for the upcoming Ski season Oct-June. Why does summer have to last soooo... long ?
To Quote Al Swearingen from the H.B.O series DEADWOOD: Some times i wish we could just rob um and dump um in the creek; but that would be wrong,.................. wouldn't it ?

bill2ski

I whole hardedly accept this honor and do solomly swear to uphold the principles upon which it's founded.

bill2ski

I take great personal pride in reporting that I have single handedly caused great discomfort to many individuals, through constant reminders of winters impending return.
After which I revel in memories of winters past and conclude with a wish for an upcoming winter "like the good ol' days" complete with the national guard declaring a state of emergency due to tremendous snowfall amounts.:snow::daffy::snow::spread::snow:

I consider this a public service that I provide free of charge.:evil:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
bill2ski gets it.

I keep telling all the people around my office about the trip I'm planning to the chic choc's.

And also reminding everyone I take vaca in the winter, not the summer. Kinda nice that way. I like when everyone in the office is on vacation and it's nice and quiet. I must have more IHE than I thought.

awf170

I keep telling all the people around my office about the trip I'm planning to the chic choc's.

When? I'm thinking about going but my spring break might be a little too early (mid march). I get out in mid may though, after that I am defiantly going out west touring.

dmc

Do they then turn around and call you a "stupid bastard" because they know that after mid-June the days are actually getting shorter? ;) jj

Seriuosly... You got it backwards... Your obviously not a Pagan...

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Do they then turn around and call you a "stupid bastard" because they know that after mid-June the days are actually getting shorter? ;) jj

Seriuosly... You got it backwards... Your obviously not a Pagan...

Allllright, we all know Marc f'ed up his typing. It isn't the first time.

You're lucky you have the pic of tuck's as your avatar in mid summer, or I'd be forced to revoke your bitching priveledges in this thread. You're walkin the line as it is.

:dunce:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
When? I'm thinking about going but my spring break might be a little too early (mid march). I get out in mid may though, after that I am defiantly going out west touring.

Bah. Mid March is fine. What week is it? I think that'd be a perfect time to go.

dmc

Allllright, we all know Marc f'ed up his typing. It isn't the first time.

You're lucky you have the pic of tuck's as your avatar in mid summer, or I'd be forced to revoke your bitching priveledges in this thread. You're walkin the line as it is.

:dunce:

Unless your were talking about Las Lenas... The days are getting longer there...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Unless your were talking about Las Lenas... The days are getting longer there...

Unfortunately I wasn't. I was just being a big idiot (it happens a lot).

I was only dreaming about Las Lenas. And Portillo. And I continue to do so. Still waiting for koreshot's invitation to go with him this summer.

bill2ski

Little Pleasures

During a recent T-storm,
I found my self trapped in the garage of my "snow hating" next door neighbor. As we waited for the rain to slow to a pace that would allow me to return to my vehicle without drowning in the process, I seized upon the opportunity to explain in "depth" the exact amount of snowfall, that the current volume of water would produce if only it were cold enough. This had an immediate affect of diminishing his cheery demeanor, to a point that he wished me to leave, prior to the rain letting up, I protested and included a few facts on wind chill effect, just as a gust of wind blew shut the door, my somewhat agitated neighbor, was holding open, in an manner that suggested I could easily make the dash to my truck. Again I protested, and continued on with a decidedly one sided discussion regarding wax preparations for wet melting snow. As the first small hail stones began to bounce off the hood of my truck, I let out a war cry that would have mobilized a Viking Armada. As I looked back to my host with the remnants of a feral grin fading at the corners of my mouth, I was astonished to find that, in the middle of my revelry he had taken the opportunity to dare the elements and make a break for his front door seeking refuge from the "crazy person" now in residence in his garage. His total lack of respect for the power of nature earned him a serious pelting of pea sized ice as he fled,
Even God hates a coward.