• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Patagonia Ends the Sale of Corporate Logo Items

thetrailboss

Staff member
After reading their article, it makes complete sense. I certainly have Patagonia items that have logos on them that I have covered and "reused" but one sees many items on eBay for sale with corporate logos that just don't sell.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Makes sense. I receive logo wear from my current company frequently and pretty much never wear it except for company events. I don't want to be a walking billboard.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
my dad used to always say that. he didn't like logo anything - even the manufacturer like Patagonia or Nike. he's like if I'm wearing there logo they should pay me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I had a small business professor in college and one of the things he said one day is that when you buy a new car, at closing you proposition the dealership to remove their sticker from the car or knockdown the price. He said he always got $250 off if they wanted to leave it on. Haven't tried it personally.

trackbiker

my dad used to always say that. he didn't like logo anything - even the manufacturer like Patagonia or Nike. he's like if I'm wearing there logo they should pay me.
I agree. Companies used to give T-shirts and other things away with their logo on them to promote their products. Then it became "cool" to wear a T-shirt with certain products on them and they realized not only could they sell them they could get a premium for them.
I won't buy anything with a product logo other than maybe the manufacturers name. Nike should pay me to wear a t-shirt with 12" letters advertising their brand!
Harley makes just as much money selling clothing and accessories as selling motorcycles.