• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak AZ Ski Team Week 6 - 2/11/08

skibum9995

I show up just after 3:00 and did my usually 2 hours of free skiing then headed in for some food and to warm up some. The wind made it a bit chilly when standing in it. Meet up with tree_skier and roark and we headed out to look at the course and take some runs. It was frigid standing at the top waiting to sign up.

The course was fun tonight. Slightly turnier then we've had the past few weeks. I had a good run on the red but pulled a Bode on blue. I charged too hard and got late and ended up on my back. We had a good week as a team placing 2nd even though tree_skier was sandbagging. Good solid results from riverc0il and roark along with ga2ski's tele points helped us tonight.

results
skibum9995 - 3rd
tree_skier - 7th
ga2ski - 15th
riverc0il - 22nd
roark - 29th
Peter - 41st

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was only half a second behind ga2ski this week which is within striking distance at last, maybe he was sandbagging too? We counted four tele turns in the bar while watching the video. I really enjoyed tonight's course, conditions were nice and I think the turnier courses favor the clean turning skiers rather than the old guys that can go fast and straight.

After the race, I switched skis to my new (used) Atua's for a few runs to try them out. Obviously not the best ski for the conditions at Pat's but the test run revealed exactly what I was looking for in a quick turning fat ski.

While boarding the lift on my last run, the safety bar slammed down onto my knee. Adding insult to injury, the bar ricocheted up back into my nose. The nose is sore but the side of my knee is swollen up pretty bad. Hopefully it will be ready for either this weekend or tomorrow University is closed.

roark

They set up some fencing for you last night Bob, must've thought you were coming back.

I'm sure t_s will blame on forgetting his spandex and boot malfunction but skibum smoked him. Nice progression from consistent silver early in the season to consistent gold.

I really enjoyed the course last night.

ga2ski

Definitely liked the turnier course last night.

I would like to thank all the Pat's Peak staff who braved the cold for us. Nora-I hope your hand warmed up.

I guess four tele turns is about right. The first one was more of a skate, then 4 tele turns and a tuck. It wasn't my fastest night, but I think I was fair with the amount of tele turns I did. Didn't sandbag, if you get too close for comfort I'll leave those heels down.

Skibum is definitely putting in a bid for most improved, Roark might lose his title. Then again maybe Skibum is finally living up to his potential. Or maybe he just wear spandex all the time. Imagine the looks he would get a work.. . . he might even get to pick up some orange tags in that suit.

Great resultslast night. We need another good turnout next week since 2 and possbily 3 of us will not be around 2/25. I'm still undecided if I'll show that night.

tree_skier

Without the power ranger suit I was freezing my butt off, literally. Wearing all the baggy clothing may have kept me out of the top 3 as I felt really good on both runs. I also have the cracked boot excuse, plus pulling a Bob to stay #1 and qualify for Nationals I can't ski too fast. I am having a hard time trying to figure where I can find 2 seconds on those courses.

I overheard that the crew thought Bob was coming so they put up the B ob netting for him. Instead I heard he was enjoying a great day on south ridge.