• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prospect Hill 12-20-2008

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: Saturday 12/20/08

Resort or Ski Area: Prospect Hill (Closed 1991)

Conditions: 10-12" Waltham Pow!

Trip Report: Yesterday I was stuck in my apartment waiting for my new sofa to arrive. Because my sofa arrived at 11am, I headed out to Prospect Hill after they were done delivering it at 12. While Prospect Hill has been closed for over a decade and a half, it still does have a good pitch, and with enough snow it covers the overgrown shrubs. Being that there is no lifts (naturally), I had to climb. I took 3 runs from the top, and then headed home. But here is one photo from the middle of the main slope which is halfway from the top!
On Monday I will be taking a sick day to hit some of the pow up north :)

Bostonian

Looks like a decent coverage. How far did you climb? Here is my report from last year.

I went up to the top (by the unloading spot of the upper t-bar)... While I didn't ski it today, I am sure the coverage is much better with the extra 6-8inches we got. I really wish they would re-cut those trails and open up the ski area, since it is such a great local little hill.