• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mountain

Robbski

Jan. 31

Ragged

Firm, smooth and fast

Spent a bluebird day in near seclusion ripping GS turns on some freshly groomed hardpack. It rained the day before and and then it got cold overnight but the groomers did a fantastic job turning it into some very nice cordouroy. The conditions stayed fine as it got a warmer and what little traffic there was loosened the cover a somewhat. Biggest knock was the limited terrain open but there were a few nice alternatives from the top (upper lower ridge, exhibition, headwall) to mix things up. Ragged ain't the easiest place to get to but its a nice alternative to some of the crowded 93 resorts and its a fair bit bigger and more challenging than some of the local hills.

Give it a try!

Mark_151

I traded ozzy an Okemo pass for a Ragged pass in the lift pass exchange thread. It'll be my first time there -- I'm looking forward to it!