• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged Mtn 2016-17 Season Thread

WJenness

Ragged glades were great today/this morning even though they were well-tracked out. Managed to ride some small pockets of fresh pow. Did a couple laps in each of the open glades. Still, a few glades not open :( Super conditions but a bit brisk - wind was blowing off any loose pow from the packed pow on the groomers.

Was there today too.
Agree with your assessment 100%.

Did find some patches of pow throughout the woods. Had a great day. Have a few pictures to post later when I am not on my phone.

-w

WJenness

Here are some pictures from today.

IMG_20170210_114627.jpg
Birches/Sweepstakes, I think
IMG_20170210_114636.jpg
More Birches/Sweepstakes
IMG_20170210_122316.jpg
Trees - Not Too Shabby (Maybe)
IMG_20170210_124539.jpg
Beautiful Vista from Upper Ridge
IMG_20170210_140731.jpg
From Upper Exhibition

Was a good day, my legs are feeling it.

-w

yeggous

I plan to call out sick at hit Ragged on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

telemike

Just got back from Ragged, today was really good. Glades were nice. Trails had about 2" of fresh snow.Pretty good crowd, but the lines were never too bad.

xwhaler

Will let the pics do the talking. Pretty awesome today
7d1e93d0f4ae6aff2b991c9dc23c1fd6.jpg
3a49f8db85d2f0b9d0393121d4219f63.jpg
acc6aacf5ac559fbe79d76df20faa563.jpg
f22684982b5efe0d211765e30f1ae9b2.jpg
3b17ea8eb1cbe92447e9fbd133336808.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

becca m

Every time I checked, Double Take was roped off - when was it open? Ragged has been good the last couple days!!! :)

xwhaler

Every time I checked, Double Take was roped off - when was it open? Ragged has been good the last couple days!!! :)
I skied solo from 10-12 while my son was in the Adventure Camp lessons and made multiple laps down there from Double and Triple Take.
There was a rope but it was gated with a Thin Cover/Expert skiers sign. That gate was right next to Patrol shack, not further in where the glade begins.

Perhaps that's what you saw? Regardless awesome day up there!

becca m

dang! i thought that was a closed sign!!!! dang my goggles!!! Terrific day(s) anyway!!!!!

becca m

OK, so, today I got back to Ragged after I shoveled myself out of southern NH. Glades still had pow pockets - was REALLY amazing! I think all the glades were unroped. Some were scratchy - I think I made a couple death/survival turns on Karen's Dream as it has been on my to-do list forever and I had never been on it. Raggedy Ann was death cookies and pockets of snow - made another couple turns and some death-sliding. It was an amazing day - I never though I would say it, but, I am all gladed out!!!! :) Double and Triple Take were fun, but, the big cliff always scares me - I forget exactly where it is, but it spooks me. Abyss, Not Too Shabby, Pel's Pass - everything was GREAT!!!!!!!

yeggous

OK, so, today I got back to Ragged after I shoveled myself out of southern NH. Glades still had pow pockets - was REALLY amazing! I think all the glades were unroped. Some were scratchy - I think I made a couple death/survival turns on Karen's Dream as it has been on my to-do list forever and I had never been on it. Raggedy Ann was death cookies and pockets of snow - made another couple turns and some death-sliding. It was an amazing day - I never though I would say it, but, I am all gladed out!!!! :) Double and Triple Take were fun, but, the big cliff always scares me - I forget exactly where it is, but it spooks me. Abyss, Not Too Shabby, Pel's Pass - everything was GREAT!!!!!!!

I was there too. I agree the glades were great. I went to Easy Winder for the first time. Amazing amount of soft untracked snow, but no pitch to use it. I am surprised they never open that trail. There seem to modern snow guns and pipe down the whole length.

I left around 1pm or so after the snow started to get wind packed. I had a hell of a time getting out of the parking lot. I must have made 15 attempts to get out of my parking spot but I just couldn't make it work with my truck in that narrow lot. Some nice guy ended up helping me back it out very carefully.

Last edited:

becca m

I was there too. I agree the glades were great. I went to Easy Winder for the first time. Amazing amount of soft untracked snow, but no pitch to use it. I am surprised they never open that trail. There seem to modern snow guns and pipe down the whole length.

I left around 1pm or so after the snow started to get wind packed. I had a hell of a time getting out of the parking lot. I must have made 15 attempts to get out of my parking spot but I just couldn't make it work with my trunk in that narrow lot. Some nice guy ended up helping me back it out very carefully.

Glad you, too, had a fun day!!!! I don't know why they park the cars so there is no clearance behind to get out????? I was lucky to get a late morning spot that had a wider aisle behind it!! They do the same thing at Cannon!!!!

Smellytele

Glad you, too, had a fun day!!!! I don't know why they park the cars so there is no clearance behind to get out????? I was lucky to get a late morning spot that had a wider aisle behind it!! They do the same thing at Cannon!!!!

never had an issue parking at Cannon and I drive a pickup.

Newpylong

I left around 1pm or so after the snow started to get wind packed. I had a hell of a time getting out of the parking lot. I must have made 15 attempts to get out of my parking spot but I just couldn't make it work with my truck in that narrow lot. Some nice guy ended up helping me back it out very carefully.

The pipe was laid in preparation for Pinnacle as that will be the main way to cross over. As far as I've seen they have never made snow there which makes sense considering the trail is aweful as it is right now without additional regarding. The few guns there are early 90s vintage HKD Standards, the oldest ones they have.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
The pipe was laid in preparation for Pinnacle as that will be the main way to cross over. As far as I've seen they have never made snow there which makes sense considering the trail is awful as it is right now without additional regarding. The few guns there are early 90s vintage HKD Standards, the oldest ones they have.

I was working there when it was installed. I think they might actually have used it the first season.

xwhaler

Great day up at this season's home hill. Birches, moose alley, cardigan with my wife and son before lunch all skied great. Then my son went into an afternoon lesson and my wife and I had some great runs in the Ravine and elsewhere.

Very healthy crowd (lot #4 was halfway full by 9:15) but they are doing a decent job managing the lines this yr so chairs are going up full. Lotta options to spread the crowds now that the Ravine is fully open.
6bdf9c77cd1f929d8b04a7244ff334c3.jpg
c2fa3dcc261e8bc391bc911513975ac9.jpg
47b4433b451b2e986a6961eaf0e75d8c.jpg
7ff4c8da66b18212e3b20fa6b942b710.jpg

Rushski

Curious if the crowds will thin out as the week goes on... Figuring it may be a safer bet for Friday???