• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

ScottySkis

After mj I like beer with good alcohol content. As I get older though I rather drink whiskey or wine from a box 22 $ for 3 litters of Bota Box is good deal to me.!!!!

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Branded Horn Daikaiju IPA. Pretty good. It's got a bit more bite than I typically like. Wouldn't want more than a couple in a sitting.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Had an afternoon meeting today, no lunch. Got home, fed the dog and told the family, who already had dinner that I'm heading to the local pub for dinner and a pint. Ended up having 2 Lawson's Super Session #2, one Lost Nation Mosaic and a Broken Bow RyeIPA.

ctenidae

Had an afternoon meeting today, no lunch. Got home, fed the dog and told the family, who already had dinner that I'm heading to the local pub for dinner and a pint. Ended up having 2 Lawson's Super Session #2, one Lost Nation Mosaic and a Broken Bow RyeIPA.

Can you get your wife to call my wife and explain how that works to her? Thanks.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Finally made it to the new brewery in town; Deciduous Brewing. I had tried a couple test beers at local restaurants as they had a soft opening. Tasting room has been open a few weeks, but the hours are limited.

Got a 750 of their Arose, which is a dry hopped American Pale. Solid brew.

Scruffy

6ab6f1578adf25b057a185a5b9d404a9_320x320.jpg

Just got some of this stuff and it's really good. They say the hops go from their trellis to the tank within hours. And when this years batch is gone, it's gone for the year; when the hops are done, they don't brew anymore until next year! You can really taste the fresh hops. Try if you can get some.

Edited to add: Working on my 3rd can, and each sip gets better!! Solid brew, a must try!

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

Did you end up sleeping on the couch?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Savemeasammy

Lol. No, no. Home by 9:25. In time to put the little one to bed.

Hmm... Maybe you should write a book on how this is done. I would have been on the couch for sure. Most likely, someone else's couch...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Lord Hobo's Boom Sauce - a very solid, juicy, dank, GOOD IPA. If you like Heady, or Sip of Sunshine, Be Hoppy, Lunch, etc, then buy this if you see it! You won't be disappointed!

Attachments

• 1442968643869.jpg
    1442968643869.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 44

deadheadskier

Staff member
They've been talking about brewing this for a long time.

I've been a patron of Lord Hobo since they open and go there almost every time I'm in the city. Haven't been in about a year. Glad to see they got their brewery open and can't wait to try their boom sauce

HD333

Lord Hobo's Boom Sauce - a very solid, juicy, dank, GOOD IPA. If you like Heady, or Sip of Sunshine, Be Hoppy, Lunch, etc, then buy this if you see it! You won't be disappointed!

Dam. I saw this last week and passed on it since I had "too much" beer in the fridge.
I'll be sure to grab it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Enjoying the Boom Sauce right now. I think it's very, very good, but not great. The Malt is a little bit too forward for me. It's more Founder's Centennial to me than a big citrus hoppy IPA like Sunshine, Heady etc.

As mentioned, I remember hearing the owner wanting to brew this beer for a long time; when Lord Hobo was just a bar and I used to sell them meats. I was hanging with the chef and the owner and he said someday he wanted to make his own DIPA that rivals Heady. He even said back then he'd call it Boom Sauce. It's a damn fine effort for sure.