• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rumor - Blue Projected Opening 12/4/09

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I called Blue yesterday to re-new my pass. After taking care of the business, she asked me if there was anything else I needed. I just replied "Turn on the snowmaking as soon as possible". She mentioned that they have made several improvements to the snow-making system recently, and they are shooting for an opening day of 12/4 (Friday??), weather dependent of course.

Anyone know what the snowmaking improvements are?

royski69

Improvements to Blue Mountain for this year

I got this from a person who sells group packages each year to Blue Mountain:

"- Nightmare will be open this season as a double black diamond! It's above and will merge into blue square Dream Weaver.
- In effort to eliminate traffic on Terrain Run Park, they are changing the half pipe into a new free-style terrain park called Central Park. It's listed as a black diamond, so we'll see what kind of obstacles are there.
- They are creating some kind of jump with a blow-up/inflatable/balloon landing on Lower Paradise! Fun and interesting! This is the alternative short lane next to Home Stretch where you could catch the older quad/the lane closest to the tubing park. They will charge some type of additional fee, TBD. "

I don't have any information on improved snow-making......

tarponhead

I called Blue yesterday to re-new my pass. After taking care of the business, she asked me if there was anything else I needed. I just replied "Turn on the snowmaking as soon as possible". She mentioned that they have made several improvements to the snow-making system recently, and they are shooting for an opening day of 12/4 (Friday??), weather dependent of course.

Thanks for the heads up!. I see we get Stowe discount with our pass! cool!!!

tarponhead

I got this from a person who sells group packages each year to Blue Mountain:

"- Nightmare will be open this season as a double black diamond! It's above and will merge into blue square Dream Weaver.
- In effort to eliminate traffic on Terrain Run Park, they are changing the half pipe into a new free-style terrain park called Central Park. It's listed as a black diamond, so we'll see what kind of obstacles are there.
- They are creating some kind of jump with a blow-up/inflatable/balloon landing on Lower Paradise! Fun and interesting! This is the alternative short lane next to Home Stretch where you could catch the older quad/the lane closest to the tubing park. They will charge some type of additional fee, TBD. "

I don't have any information on improved snow-making......

I assume that inflatable feature will be like the one they have at windham. My boys are gonna dig that. Thanks for the heads up. FWIW, I think Blue is a tad bit liberal with their double diamond rating. :roll:

Last edited:

millerm277

FWIW, I think Blue is a tad bit liberal with their double diamond rating. :roll:

Eh, it's supposed to be relative to the area, not to Killington, MRG, or Tahoe. Compared to the other intermediate and single diamond runs there, Razor's and Challenge deserve it, haven't skied "Nightmare" yet, but it should have a similar pitch.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Be sure to tell GSS!