• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rush Concert in Manchester

Warp Daddy

STOKED '!!!!!! Tonite's the nite. Sittin here outside of Boston at my daughters home and me , da Queen , the Drum Monkey and his mom are heading out for the Rush gig in Manchester . the Monkey is pumped to see his hero tonite we surprised him last nite with the tax

ready for some brain bleedin rawk .......got my Starman shirt , dew rag and Getty glasses on woo hoo !!!!

4aprice

Love Rush and have since high school (long time ago-gotta be one of the oldest bands still in tact). Have just about every song of their's on the Ipod. Always play them when I'm hoping for cold weather (hoping that the canadian tunes will draw it in - stupid I know). One of the few bands I would still go to see in a large venue.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Warp Daddy

Posted by warp daddy on Sep 09, 2012; 9:55am
URL: http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Rush-Beyond-the-Lighted-Stage-tp3976899p4019084.html

This is my TR on the Rush concert |

freakin awesome !!!! Damn Getty lee has not lost one bit of voice timbre , power or energy. Lifeson was a virtuoso and Peart like one would expect was otherworldly in both his presentation , complexity and stamina . The dude is from another dimension.

OK now that I got that said he goes , 3 freaking hrs , no warm up band , one 15 minute break , fantastic lightshowand graphics and pyros BUT a new twist in the second set , a real first time thing for rush .

More about it later , they as one would expect presented the NEW CD/album for the most part and the complexity and duration and mix of effects was Rushian to say the least. The venue was super , great sound and no visual obstructions so the SOUND came thru in WAVES it was great . the new stuff obviously has a few obviously "commercial release " quality songs and riffs , the balance of the stuff will take some time to HEAR . in other words we listened to those BUT really won't hear it till we are more familiar with the STORYLINE that typically is behind most of Rush's stuff. It is complex and an auditory cornucopia that no doubt will be great once folks GET it .

Then the new surprise they are backed by a 10to 12 person string ensemble we,re talkin CEllos , violas and violins that accompany them in a super effective presentation highly AMPED in several new cuts Then THEY REPRISED into the KNOWN stuff from the past and , place went APESHIT !!!!!! OMG never saw so freakin many aged Air Drummers and Headbangers , it was a HOOT ,
. The Drum monkey went nuts and me his mom and the Queen were boppin right along RAWK on and the experience was a fantastic nite .

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Yes, that concert was awesome!! Loved the first set list, Grand Designs, The Big Money, and Territories, Force Ten, Analog Kid, a great mix of their stuff from the early 80's. Clockwork Angles is a great CD, seeing they played almost the whole thing during the second set I wished they had included BU2B, which is my favorite off the recording. The strings added so much with the CA songs and it was a hell of treat to see them play to Manhattan Project, Red Sector A, and of course YYZ!

Looking forward to the Boston show!

Rushski

Great show! Not a "beginner" Rush show with all the bigger stuff mostly left off the setlist. Was great to see the opening night with a couple glitches and was nice going in not knowing what they were going to throw at us.

Geddy's voice was on, being early in the tour certainly helps him in that vain. Three min-drum solos was different and was surprised by the amount of late 80s/early 90s material nbeing played, some of it very rare live.

Really enjoyed the show and it's very tough to have a bad seat in Manch. Not that people sit down at Rush shows!

Thinking down the line and the next tour will probably be in 2014 for their 40th which will probably be more of a retrospective.

Rushski

As for the string section, it was eight musicians. Read a review online saying sextet, which I'm guessing is someone at the show looking from floor level. I was a little ways up on one of the sidess so I could see them pretty well.