• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Seafood thread..

Dr Skimeister

We grill fish at least weekly in the summer, and have it at least 3-4 times per week in the weeks we spend in Hatteras, NC. Clams on-the-half shell with a nice spicy horseradish sauce are a required starter.

drjeff

Tons of great sea food restaurants in RI. On nice summer evenings we like to go down to a place in Galilee called Champlin's and sit out on the deck. Kind of a clam shack kind of place but a really good clam shack kind of place. We never order lobster out, just so easy to make at home. I love sea food.

I know Champlin's very weel, great food! And this summer I am definately not complaining that my parent's bought one of their retirement places in South Kingstown maybe 15 minutes tops from their.

Me, seafood wise, my all time favorite has to be the bowl of chowder (either New England or Rhode Island style) some clam cakes and a couple of cold beers. Argghh no I just really made myself hungry and it's still 4 hours until lunchtime :mad:

The local seafood place gives 5 raw oysters for free with a drink purchase during happy hour..I tried it once and it was so slimy and I didn't like it.

King Crab legs are great
Salmon is great
Fish sticks..not so great.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The local seafood place gives 5 raw oysters for free with a drink purchase during happy hour..I tried it once and it was so slimy and I didn't like it.

I'm surprised they're still in business. Oysters aren't cheap these days. For your basic malpecs or welfleets, most restaurants charge anywere from $1.50 to $2.00 per Oyster. I'm not a huge Oyster fan, but I have friends that have no problem knocking back two dozen in a sitting.

I'm surprised they're still in business. Oysters aren't cheap these days. For your basic malpecs or welfleets, most restaurants charge anywere from $1.50 to $2.00 per Oyster. I'm not a huge Oyster fan, but I have friends that have no problem knocking back two dozen in a sitting.

Well only a small percentage of the people take advantage of the free oysters..and most are ordering $9 Martinis and many remain for dinner and order $20-$30 entrees..and it's only during Happy Hour..this particular restaurant was uber busy last night..on a Monday..which is typically the slowest day for restaurants..

snoseek

I like fried oysters and oyster stew more than raw oysters.

I can also think of a thousand ways to eat mussels. They are probably my favorite seafood as they are so versatile. God I miss good seafood.

Dr Skimeister

I personally like Chincoteague oysters best. Uber cold, on the half shell.

Some cultures consider oysters to have aphrodisiac qualities. Something to consider on date night......

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Camping in Cape Cod:

Lobster.jpg

FishStory.jpg

maska%20raka2.gif

Lobster, beer, and camping! That's a great night!